RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

good tire performance at a good price

I'm using Performance Forte DC which are $20. Are there better tires for this price? Better meaning similar wear/puncture resistance, but faster rolling.

Anyone like these Hutchinsons: http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...8_-1___400235? They are a good price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a pair of those Hutchinson Equinox's and bought them from Performance when they were $9.99 back in November 2011 and still using them. Surprisingly good tire imo in terms of feel for confidence. I'm running them on a near-daily basis over crappy surfaces and they're holding up perfectly fine with no flats since purchase.

They're supposedly a training/distance tire and relatively speaking I'd take them over a number of supposed race-oriented tires in competitive events. I liken these heavily to the higher-tier Hutchinson Fusions. The particular front-end feel feels identical to my liking.

There's a 100psi min label on them but I run them well below that (80psi or so). They roll very nicely, although on that note the only time I thought a tire was comparatively, seemingly "slow" was when I used Serfas Seca RS's. Those felt insanely under-inflated every ride.

So basically, no: you're not likely to find any improvement - especially if you haven't had puncture or wear problems. But for the money, they've generally been very good value for me. I would say get some as back-ups, but they hover around that price through the year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

link

Can you post a link for the forte performance dc for 20 dollars?