Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHaro View Post
    Ordered h plus son hydra 32h to put on 240 hubs. I cant return them or I would. found boyd altamont rims are fully designed and made in the USA and actually about same weight and strength about same inner width but have a nicer design, for about some price. Check them out on boyd site
    Where can you buy just the Boyd Altamont rims? I thought they only sold whole wheel sets.

I recently built up a pair of H+Son Hydras with Shimano RS770 hubs for my gravel bike. They built up quite easy and I'm happy with them so far. They look really sharp too. The black contrasts nicely with the silver spokes I chose
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHaro View Post
    Ordered h plus son hydra 32h to put on 240 hubs. I cant return them or I would. found boyd altamont rims are fully designed and made in the USA and actually about same weight and strength about same inner width but have a nicer design, for about some price. Check them out on boyd site
    Nope. There isn't anything wrong with them, but they have a pinned joint instead of welded. But I wouldn't trade Hydra, Pacenti Forza, or HED Belgium+ for them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    Thank you for your input...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    Boyd website has the rims sold separately you have to go to bottom of site and click keyword altamont or flip thru every page until you see them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123