RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

hed Ardennes+ plus release date?

An article in 4/2013 mentioned they are coming. I asked hed& a store which said they'll get back to me but no response. ?? If they are not coming soon, I will buy from other manufacturers.

won't you be my neighbor?
    Yeah, that's odd, I remember reading about that too. They were originally supposed to be out in late May, IIRC. So, they're still not out? Geez.

That and the stand-alone HED 'Belgium Plus' 25mm rims (which are used in the Ardennes + wheelsets), which you'd think could do a fair amount of business in custom builds.
    Monkhouse: I want to die like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep... not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Morticus: Discreet sex? Oh hell no, I want to high-five people as I walk down the hall.

Platypius:
    I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

AM999: Romney 320 Electoral votes, Obama 218. Colorado profs' prediction model, 100% accurate since 1980.

Seamus: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day it blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    The last time I checked with HED several weeks ago, it sounded like the Belgium + rim was almost in stock. I guess something changed. If you want something similar before those are available, you may want to look at the Pacenti SL23 rim.
    Valley Cyclist Wheels www.valleycyclist.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    I've had them on order since March and was recently notified that due to demand; all production has been allocated to factory wheelsets. As of this time, my new wheelset is scheduled for delivery Feb 2014.

won't you be my neighbor?
    Quote Originally Posted by nito View Post
    I've had them on order since March and was recently notified that due to demand; all production has been allocated to factory wheelsets. As of this time, my new wheelset is scheduled for delivery Feb 2014.
    Wow, that deeply sucks... sounds like no one's building a custom wheelset out of those rims 'til next year.

I know there's challenges here, and it isn't like flicking a light switch... but given the magnitude of the delays, you have to wonder why HED can't get it together and ramp up production enough to avoid some of this.

I mean, order a wheelset in March, get it next February? Good lord.

Also have to think a lot of ppl will cancel their orders rather than wait a year?
    Monkhouse: I want to die like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep... not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Morticus: Discreet sex? Oh hell no, I want to high-five people as I walk down the hall.

Platypius:
    I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

AM999: Romney 320 Electoral votes, Obama 218. Colorado profs' prediction model, 100% accurate since 1980.

Seamus: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day it blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    It doesn't bother me because these will be my training wheelset. But, based on Andy's comment above, I'm looking to change the tires on my current wheelset (Bontranger RXL) with tubeless. I'm currently using 25mm Conti Gatorback clincher tires and thinking about going Tubeless to gain more comfort and lighten the weight.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Belgium + rims are being released to shops.

Competitive cyclist custom makes and sells a Powertap/Belgium + wheel (32/3x). I have one in my possession and it is the 25mm rim.

Listing for the product are showing up at various shop.

HED Belgium Plus 25mm Rim 32h with Machined Side Wall Black - AEBike.com
    HED Belgium Plus 25mm Rim 28h with Machined Side Wall Black - AEBike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    As far as the complete wheel sets, they are all in stock at CC. Probably at other shops too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Just learned from HED that the Belgium + rim will only be released in 28 and 32 holes configuration. Bummer for those who would like a light front wheel.