RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015

HED rims on White hubs

This is the prettiest set of wheels I have ever built.

HED rims on White hubs-hed-belgium-white-hubs-1-.jpg

HED rims on White hubs-hed-belgium-white-hubs-2-.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    HED disc rims look great too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HED rims on White hubs-hed-rims-novatec-hubs-1-.jpg   HED rims on White hubs-hed-rims-novatec-hubs-5-.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a set of HED Belgium C2s with polished silver WI T11 hubs, silver CX-Ray spokes, and alloy nips; might be just a shade prettier than you build! Had the wheels for 4+ years now at 4000 miles/year and they are absolutely good as new. If I was doing it over, the only change I'd make is red T11 hubs with red nips!

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Nice wheels, we build that same spec all the time!
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Beautiful!

grizzly moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oldroadie_nc View Post
    I have a set of HED Belgium C2s with polished silver WI T11 hubs, silver CX-Ray spokes, and alloy nips; might be just a shade prettier than you build! Had the wheels for 4+ years now at 4000 miles/year and they are absolutely good as new. If I was doing it over, the only change I'd make is red T11 hubs with red nips!
    HED C2 with black DA hubs and red nips look pretty decent too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HED rims on White hubs-img_0646.jpg  
    With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    HED rims on White hubs-bens.jpgHED rims on White hubs-hetlaatstegreen.jpgHED rims on White hubs-screen-shot-2017-02-28-8.38.16-pm.jpgHED rims on White hubs-mib.jpgHED rims on White hubs-dsc_0003.jpg The pewter Kings were a favorite because they look incredible and I like the photo. Customer just bought a set of rim brake wheels for his other bike last week.

The pink clinchers were an anniversary gift (I don't know what year is the "Wheel Anniversary" but the customer said that the desired effect was achieved in spades.

The pink tubulars are favorites because unless they bring those rims back those were the last of those I'll ever build and they went to a good friend.

The green King ones were the last set of green R45s ever (until they bring it back, if they do).

And then you have the "Johnny Cash Man in Black" edition.

I believe these are the first pics I've ever posted on this forum.

HED rims are great looking and nice to build.

www.instagram.com/novemberbicycles

grizzly moderator
    Your photography skills put mine to shame but the Pewter Kings are an old favorite of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HED rims on White hubs-img_0647.jpg  
    With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Love the pewter.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    I just sold my Belgium+ rims with T11s but I loved those wheels. I had been using them on my rim brake cx bike for all things gravel but I sold the bike and it made sense for the wheels to go with it. Great combo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    OK, since we're all showing off our wheel p0rn, here's my latest build. I still say you can't go wrong with black.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HED rims on White hubs-20170109_180407c.jpg   HED rims on White hubs-20170109_180345c.jpg   HED rims on White hubs-20170109_180430c.jpg  
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

grizzly moderator
    I do like the R460.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgriz View Post
    I do like the R460.

Thanks! Have you built with them yet?
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

-- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    I really like the build. I was also thinking the same thing or maybe dura ace hubs or even the r460 rim.

Would I see any benefit besides a little weight compared to my set that I built up a few years back. 105 hubs with h plus son rims and I think regular butted spokes. Forget the actual spoke.

I'm itching to build a nice set but the weight saving is minimal I think unless I go with a more expensive spoke.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
    I really like the build. I was also thinking the same thing or maybe dura ace hubs or even the r460 rim.

Would I see any benefit besides a little weight compared to my set that I built up a few years back. 105 hubs with h plus son rims and I think regular butted spokes. Forget the actual spoke.

I'm itching to build a nice set but the weight saving is minimal I think unless I go with a more expensive spoke.
    Your (Archetype??) rims with 105 hubs and (DT Competition??) spokes probably weigh in at a little under 1900g.

My first build a year ago was HED C2 rims, Ultegra 6800 hubs, DT Competition spokes, brass nipples. They are laced 32 3x front and rear. The set weighs in at around 1850g.

This most recent build is DT R460 rims, Dua Ace 9000 hubs, DT Aero Comp spokes, brass nipples. They are laced 24 2x front/32 3x rear. They weigh around 1650g.

Most of that weight savings are the DA hubs vs. Ultegra hubs. Aero Comp spokes weight about the same as Competitions. Weight savings using 8 fewer spokes in minimal. If you really feel compelled to shave a tad more weight, you could use DT Revolutions or DT Aero Lites, but spoke windup while building will be more of an issue with both of those.

Would you see any benefits? Probably not. I just wanted to build another set of wheels and wanted to do a few things different from my first set. I also wanted to do a 24 spoke front, so I had to move up to Dura Ace since Ultegra and below are only available in 32 and 36 hole.

In the real world, 200-250g will not make you noticeably faster.

-- Warren Buffett

RoadBikeReview Member
    I absolutely love my HED C2/White Industries T11 wheelset
    HED rims on White hubs-img_20161020_202436872.jpg
    Last edited by Pedro S; 03-01-2017 at 05:23 PM.