RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

Hometrainer tires on street

On my walk down to the beach, the horns on this Bianchi caught my attention.

Then noticed the Home Trainer tires on it. My guess is the rider wanted solid orange tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hometrainer tires on street-stg_0961.jpg   Hometrainer tires on street-stg_0959.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2002
    Well, they'd be "tough as he11" that's for sure. Probably ride like carp...hard, stiff, non-compliant ride. "supple-ride" would not be a phrase I would think would apply here.

Can you ride these on the street? Sure, but don't expect the silky smooth ride of a silk-cased tubular
    In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, our El Guapo is the actual El Guapo who is a big, dangerous man that wants to kill us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    my understanding is that those tires have poor traction and are unsafe on the road.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Here's an example of taking form over function.

This is the kind of thing that irritates me for some reason...its just an incorrect use of a product with a specific purpose. Well, whatever hope s/he enjoys it

that ain't chamois cream
    further evidence that the fixed gear hipster scene has gone way, way too far.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    the box specifically states they aren't to be ridden on the road. a little rain and some oil coming up .... i've often thought the best bike racing for american tv would be a criterium in the rain where all racers had to use those tires.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    do love that bianchi track frame tho... one day

that ain't chamois cream
    Quote Originally Posted by wankski
    do love that bianchi track frame tho... one day
    http://www.pistadex.com/ - website's sole purpose is to track how much used Pistas are going for on Craigslist.
    One Less Fixie.