RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

How does the Michelin Pro4 Endurance fare?

I like nicer, but affordable, tires, and have found myself satisfied by the Michelin Pro 3 SC, which I trained on for the last couple years: cheap but comfy, and sturdy enough for general use.

I was going to buy a new set, but I'm often riding in darkness and cold, having to make a snap decision, I went with a set of Pro4 Endurance instead: according to one cRR testing site, the Endurance has better puncture protection; that it's also slightly faster than the Pro4 SC seemed a nice bonus.

I'm having second thoughts now, though: a faster tire that also has extra puncture protection and thicker sidewalls, seems less likely to offer as much grip and ride as nicely.

Since I can still return them, thought I'd ask what's the experience with these tires?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    I"m a fan. Nice ride and good puncture resistance. Been using them for a number of years.

Pooped a refrigerator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_5200 View Post
    I"m a fan. Nice ride and good puncture resistance. Been using them for a number of years.
    I had the opposite experience. I tried a Pro 4 Endurance on my commuter bike because I thought it would be a sturdier tire, but in reality it couldn't stop getting flats. I just went back to using Conti GP4000S's.
    Ghurarmu shirkush’ agh azgushu. Zant ya apakurizak. Gűl-n’ anakhizak.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    No experience with the Endurance but I've been using the Pro 4 SC on and off since they've come out. I like them. Rolls well, pretty comfortable, great traction. No repeated flats to speak of, but I also barely tip 150lbs after a big fat turkey dinner. They can be had for under $30 a piece when on sale. At that price, I will continue buying them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    I've put 1k miles on my winter wheels, and have been pleased so far. In better weather I roll GP4000s iis.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    I use the 25mm ones on my commuter/bad weather bike. They have been pretty good for me, slow wearing and durable. There are pretty good sales on them these days since the pro4 line is being phased out so at current sub $30 prices I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    I like them too. Long lasting, puncture resistant, and they even handle pretty well. I recent got a set of the 28s, beware, they barely fit in my CAAD10 frame mounted on a set of open pros. I don't have a caliper, but I'd say that they're wider than 28mm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by msrothwe View Post
    I like them too. Long lasting, puncture resistant, and they even handle pretty well. I recent got a set of the 28s, beware, they barely fit in my CAAD10 frame mounted on a set of open pros. I don't have a caliper, but I'd say that they're wider than 28mm.
    25's on my HED Belgium's measure 29.5.
    I love the tires, just replaced them after 3,000 miles. I had only one flat during that time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the replies. The rear was the one in the need of a replacement, and ordinarily, I would have installed the new tire on the front, moving the other to the back: the P3SC however has plenty of tread, and the extra puncture protection should be more useful in the back.

The 23mm is a tight fitting tire: with butyl, not as bad as the Mavic-branded one the wheels came with; however my taking this chance to try out Latex tubes (Michelin AirComp A1 Latex) turned it into one hell of a time. I had to come dig up tricks on the forum.

FTR, both tires weigh more than advertised (and no less than 240 grams) and laid flat are 58 mm wide. On the wheel, just a hair under 23 mm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    I have used 2 sets. They are generally very good and I had no flats with the first set. The second set I had a premature sidewall failure so I am not buying any more.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Been on this brand and its predecessor for years and many thousands of miles. Trouble free

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I'm just going to leave this here.......

https://www.probikekit.com/bicycle-t.../11443953.html

Old and in the way.
    Aug 2014
    I tried the Endurance tires, and they weren't any more durable than the GP 4000s II set I used previously. Cut sidewalls, deep cuts in the tread, etc. Two flats in 1,000 miles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanthree View Post
    I tried the Endurance tires, and they weren't any more durable than the GP 4000s II set I used previously. Cut sidewalls, deep cuts in the tread, etc. Two flats in 1,000 miles.
    I have just the opposite experience, so go figure. But I only have about 500 or so miles on them, since went to Veloflex Arenberg tubulars and don't plan on going back to clinchers any time soon.

scott s.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have no experience riding the Michelin Pro 4 SC, but have been riding Michelin Pro 3 SC for a few year now with no complaints or flats... I was just reading about the Michelin Pro 4 SC and was thinking of pickup a pair based on my experience and reliability with the 3's.

FWIW and my IMO about going faster, that's all in the engine and not the tires
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT