Yeah, that's Gary Coleman

Mavic Mach 2 Tubie Rims

I'm getting a used CrossCheck but my plan is to make it fixed/free with tubulars for racing next season. I want to get into tubulars and I want to do it cheap, so I found the Mavic Mach 2s on Performance for $12 a piece.

I've read some positive reviews about them, but they are kind of heavy, but I'm not worried about that. I couldn't find anything on this forum about them, but does anyone have any thoughts/comments about them?

Also, this is going to be ridden fixed/free and I weigh ~145, but will probably be closer to 160 by next race season, will 28h front and 36h rear be ok?

Thanks.
    Just looking for a place to shed our skins- WSP

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    I have used those rims-great rims,bombproof for cyclocross.They were 60-70$ rims when sold in the mid 90s.They are NOS but buy with confidence.

Yeah, that's Gary Coleman
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan
    I have used those rims-great rims,bombproof for cyclocross.They were 60-70$ rims when sold in the mid 90s.They are NOS but buy with confidence.
    Oh ok, thanks, that's what I had heard. Would they hold up to competitive 'cross with 28h front and rear with SS and under 155-170 lb. rider? It seems that all Nashbar has is the 28h left. Thanks.
    Last edited by CycleBatten; 01-09-2006 at 11:50 AM.
    Just looking for a place to shed our skins- WSP