RoadBikeReview Member

Measurements for Formula hubs

My google-fu is failing me. Does anybody have the measurements for the Formula hubs available?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    really? just any Formula hub, or maybe one in particular? you need to be just a bit more specific when asking questions like this. in bike-alog there are 3 different "formula" hub suppliers, the first of which has 17 different rear hubs. no wonder it's been 11 hours w/ no reply to your question...gimme a model number and i can give you some numbers.
    i work for some bike racers...
    2013 Trek Madone 5.9 w/ '12 SRAM Red
    2010 Cervelo T1 sprint bike
    Ruger 10-22TD
    Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22
    Smith&Wesson M&P 9
    oh, those belong in another forum

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    really? just any Formula hub, or maybe one in particular? you need to be just a bit more specific when asking questions like this. in bike-alog there are 3 different "formula" hub suppliers, the first of which has 17 different rear hubs. no wonder it's been 11 hours w/ no reply to your question...gimme a model number and i can give you some numbers.
    Sorry, my bad. These are generic Formula (front is rebranded origin8), high flange track hubs. I thought of posting this in the SSFG subforum at first.

I got both of these on sale on ebay, as far as I can tell there's no model # on them...

'brifter' is a lame word.
    nothing in bike-alog for a track hubset. but, 3.8 seconds on google i found this...does it look like the one you have?
    Formula high-flange track 120mm Rear hub dimensions | Freespoke | Freespoke
    i work for some bike racers...
    2013 Trek Madone 5.9 w/ '12 SRAM Red
    2010 Cervelo T1 sprint bike
    Ruger 10-22TD
    Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22
    Smith&Wesson M&P 9
    oh, those belong in another forum

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    nothing in bike-alog for a track hubset. but, 3.8 seconds on google i found this...does it look like the one you have?
    Formula high-flange track 120mm Rear hub dimensions | Freespoke | Freespoke
    The flange measurements don't seem to be exactly the same. I was hoping somebody had built some of these up, as they seem pretty popular...

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Waves77 View Post
    The flange measurements don't seem to be exactly the same. I was hoping somebody had built some of these up, as they seem pretty popular...
    And if any info (that you don't measure yourself) is wrong, what then? Do it right - take the measurements yourself.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

I'm not cranky; I just have a violent reaction to stupid people.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I did measure the ERD with Muson's method. Just got a hold of some calipers. I figured since these were so popular the measurements would be a lot easier to find. The flanges are pretty thick, so that might vary the width a bit, but from the numbers I've tried it hardly affects spoke length (as opposed to flange diameter).

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Waves77 View Post
    I did measure the ERD with Muson's method. Just got a hold of some calipers. I figured since these were so popular the measurements would be a lot easier to find. The flanges are pretty thick, so that might vary the width a bit, but from the numbers I've tried it hardly affects spoke length (as opposed to flange diameter).
    It's best not to believe any figures and that includes ones you find on the 'net. The flange thickness will not be a factor in spoke length - certainly not as great as flange spacing and especially ERD.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

I'm not cranky; I just have a violent reaction to stupid people.