RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010

Michelin Pro 3 on commuter

Use my bike mainly to commute and ride on weekends. Did I choose the wrong tire? will I have to many issues? purchased a pair for $60 shipped, and since my current tires are worn out I purchased them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2005
    Tires are great but for commuting I would of chosen something a little more durable. They do tend to get cuts easier than other tires. You would be better off with something more durable like 4 seasons or gators. It also depends what type of road you ride on. They are very fast and grip well but are aimed more for racing first then training but doesn't mean you can't use them for commuting. Good luck!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Not if you want/need/like to learn to change tubes more quickly. PR3s suck for just about everything...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Pro3 is an excellent race tire with awesome traction and feel.
    My set lasted 1,700 miles, but I would not use it for commuting. They do flat easy and the side wall is prone to cuts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    I am fed up with my Pro 3's. Way too many flats, both front and rear tires are heavily cut up with some cuts showing the casing and the rear already has a noticeable flat spot in the center of the tread. All this after only about 500 miles. As stated above I have gotten great experience at changing tubes on the side of the road. As it is right now I won't leave the house without at least one spare tube AND a patch kit.