Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipped_in View Post
    Plus, you drop a little bit of weight because of shorter spokes.
    LOL! And losing that 0.3 grams will make you go sooooooooo much faster!
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Hey now, it's like a 5g savings (average 2x spoke is ~5mm shorter than average 3x spoke, x 56 spokes in a 28/28 set = 280mm less total spoke length = ~1 spoke = ~5g) and there are people who would pay real money for that! That's rotating weight!

And this is officially the first time I've ever even considered that aspect of this particular decision.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by November Dave View Post
    Hey now, it's like a 5g savings (average 2x spoke is ~5mm shorter than average 3x spoke, x 56 spokes in a 28/28 set = 280mm less total spoke length = ~1 spoke = ~5g) and there are people who would pay real money for that! That's rotating weight!

And this is officially the first time I've ever even considered that aspect of this particular decision.
    Not sure what your opinion is on the subject, but I'm skeptical about the importance of rotating weight. From what I understand, rotating weight will make you FELL slower because you will accelerate slower. Once up to speed, it doesn't make a difference whether weight is rotating or static.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

-- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    When someone creates a font called "sarcasm" I will buy it and use it often. I've never seen any compelling evidence that rotating weight is anywhere close to as significant as it it often credited with being. And in order to feel slower, it is my experience and belief that you have to add one HECK of a lot more than 5g to produce that effect.

changingleaf
    Great rim so far. The asymmetrical spoke drilling really improves the lateral stiffness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pacenti Forza Road Rim-20170406_100959.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by November Dave View Post
    When someone creates a font called "sarcasm" I will buy it and use it often. I've never seen any compelling evidence that rotating weight is anywhere close to as significant as it it often credited with being. And in order to feel slower, it is my experience and belief that you have to add one HECK of a lot more than 5g to produce that effect.
    I had assumed your last post about rotating weight was in sarcasm. I just had to get one more jab at the rotating weight weenie crowd.

Isn't this the sarcasm emoji?

-- Warren Buffett

wut?
    If I were a weight weenie my butt would be 10# lighter...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456