Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by coachboyd View Post
    Sure we do. We were able to work it where we have rims available for consumer sales now. We have a rims section on our website.
    Thats good news, I've always wanted to try some of your rims, very innovative designs for the real world. Thanks for the update. I'll be glad to remove my post if you want.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    With all the bad feedback on Pacenti rims, why do people continue to be swooned by them?
    And yet, I can remember clearly when on this very forum Pacenti rims were hailed as the benchmark for performance. Those of us who raised doubts about the durability of such a light rim had things explained to us that there were improvements in engineering that allowed for durable aluminum rims below about 420 gm. Turns out not to have been the case, but there seems to always be folks willing to roll the dice on that prospect.

Wandering
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons View Post
    And yet, I can remember clearly when on this very forum Pacenti rims were hailed as the benchmark for performance.
    Yup. The accolades here & the Fairwheel rim review led me to build a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons View Post
    Turns out not to have been the case, but there seems to always be folks willing to roll the dice on that prospect.
    I resemble this remark --- aaargh. Mine are still fine but I regularly do close inspections since the issues surfaced.
    --
    All the best,
    Ron
    Central-Western NJ, USA

There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos.
    --- James Allen Hightower

RoadBikeReview Member
    I know a lot of folks had issues with the SL23's, but not me. I had Dave Thomas build me a set three years ago and I've ridden the heck out of them. To the tune of close to 20,000 miles without an issue, aside from them being a b*tch to mount tires on.

Those rims are on my back up bike now and I had Dave build me a set of the Forza's a ways back and I can not say enough good things about them - and that's after riding a set of carbon clinchers (those shall remain nameless) which were more than a little disappointing given the price tag and hype. Sold those at a loss and have nothing but praise for the Forza's. Stiff, light, should be durable as all get out and priced right.
    Discover The Source for Patent Technology Muscle, Fitness and Sports Supplements.

Best Pricing on serious cyclist favorites like 'SportLegs', 'Kre-Alkalyn' and 'Burn It Up'.

https://www.BodyBuildingSupplements.com

Since 1993, Your Success is our success.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by November Dave View Post
    Kinlin XR31T may be able to hack it, but you would need to use the symmetric and not the OC version.
    Why not the OC version?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    At the time of that post, everyone responding thought the OP was after a 20h rear rim. Thatís since been clarified. But the Kinlin OC isnít available in 20h. That s why. For 24h, OC is available

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12