RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Panaracer Ribmo tires

Any comments / opinions / experiences with Panaracer Ribmo tires? I'm looking for possibly a new commuting tire and accept that the weight and ride quality will suffer in exchange. I know about Gatorskins and Armadillos. . .not too excited about a wire bead on a 700x28 (Gatorskin) . . .currently using Panaracer T-Serv for Messenger. . .were great until three flats in the past week in the rain. . .had zero flats in a loaded tour in Vermont last year when it rained almost every day. . . could be that bad luck runs in threes? . . ..but now I'm trying to minimize flat changes in the dark at 6:30 in the morning on the way to work. . .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

no one?

is there no one on this forum with experience with these tires?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Ribmo

Quote Originally Posted by H.Bicycletus
    is there no one on this forum with experience with these tires?
    I just put a rear one on my commuter, replacing a Specialized Nimbus EX 700 x 28 that was worn out--too soon to tell anything.

FWIW I've ridden T-Servs on my fixed gear bike and never had a flat in 3-4000 miles. Maybe yours is just getting thin?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    I don't think it's too much wear. . .less than 2000 miles on them. .. as I think about it probably just bad luck. . .i do like the T-Serv's 'sticktion' and the ride isn't bad. . . I went ahead and ordered a pair of Ribmos in the shop i work i so we'll see how they work out . . .