Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: patchnride

banned
    Aug 2012

patchnride

http://patchnride.com/

Quoting their video:

Published on Jan 3, 2014

Patent-pending patchnride is the FIRST and ONLY real solution to easily and permanently repair ALL bicycle tires that get a flat - both TUBULAR and CLINCHER - on the road, and in less than one minute. No experience needed!

It is a known fact that tubular tires offer the finest performance cyclist could ever desire and it's no coincidence that they are chosen by the majority of professionals.

However, they have one disadvantage: punctures are very difficult to repair and most of the time results in replacing the tire. This problem has now been solved thanks to the Patch N Ride Air Seal Patch™, ideal for both tubulars and clinchers.

patchnride™ is a permanent repair solution for tubular tires and clinchers alike which goes with you where ever you ride. Patchnride™ allows you to repair your punctured tire on site in less than one minute and can repair cuts up to five mm. After you patched your tire, its 100% race ready for all conditions because the tire was never removed from the rim.

patchnride ™ repair is much easier and faster than a clincher flat repair. No more removing the tire, messing with your derailleur and getting all greasy. Patchnride will take you less than one minute, where a tubular change can take more than eight minutes and a clincher repair requires a minimum of 10 minutes.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Since no one else has said it...

B*llsh*t.

After reading their crap marketing copy there is no way I'd trust this product.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    that video you posted is a waste of time, so is their website. No content in either.

banned
    Aug 2012
    They're building up the anticipation prior to the product launch.

It's the new marketing style nowadays.

I'll be the first to try it.

I got a 7mm cut on my Tufo tubular on the rear wheel yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by myhui View Post
    They're building up the anticipation prior to the product launch.

It's the new marketing style nowadays.

I'll be the first to try it.

I got a 7mm cut on my Tufo tubular on the rear wheel yesterday.
    What exactly is the 'product' and how does it work? I've got a decent working knowledge of tires and I don't know of anything that will fix a 7mm hold in a tubular short of opening it up and patching it.
    Oh yeah...Tufo tires aren't technically 'tubulars' as there is no tube inside the casing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    What exactly is the 'product' and how does it work? I've got a decent working knowledge of tires and I don't know of anything that will fix a 7mm hold in a tubular short of opening it up and patching it.
    Oh yeah...Tufo tires aren't technically 'tubulars' as there is no tube inside the casing.
    So they're tubeless tubulars?

Quote Originally Posted by deviousalex View Post
    That's exactly what they are. The inside of the casing is butyl coated, but there is no separate tube...which makes them virtually impossible to pinch flat. The Tufo sealant works well (obviously) because it's like a road tubeless tire...because it's tubeless. That sounded dumb...

As for the OP 'patching' a 7mm slice in a tire, there is no way to do that properly...period. The tire will NEVER again be safe to ride. But we all know about the OP and his propensity to do seemingly stupid things mechanical on a regular basis.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    A solution to not a problem.

What a waste of time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    WTF, I watched the video, "coming soon" a video of nothing, total waste of my time. Vaporware

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Also known as throw away tubulars if a liquid sealant doesn't work.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    The work you are looking for is "garbage".

This was a sugested video from your link. Way better.

Last edited by tihsepa; 02-07-2014 at 05:29 AM.

banned
    Aug 2012
    I got the tire off clean, so I'm awaiting that new product to try it out on. These lasted around 150 miles. But still, they're expensive, and I hate to just throw them away when there's still so much use I can get out of them.

The new tire is stretching on the wheel now. I'll be back on the wet road tomorrow morning!

RoadBikeReview Member
    spoon as a tire lever ≥ patchnride
    Last edited by SBard1985; 02-08-2014 at 05:51 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myhui View Post
    I got the tire off clean, so I'm awaiting that new product to try it out on. These lasted around 150 miles. But still, they're expensive, and I hate to just throw them away when there's still so much use I can get out of them.

The new tire is stretching on the wheel now. I'll be back on the wet road tomorrow morning!
    You do realize you have failed to tell us how this product actually works? Your first post seems to imply you don't need to remove the tubular which you are clearly doing in the pictures.

You do realize you have failed to tell us how this product actually works? Your first post seems to imply you don't need to remove the tubular which you are clearly doing in the pictures.
    Since the 'product' isn't available yet, how can he use it?

I can't imagine how awful the ride is on those 21mm Tufos...well, actually I can. I've used them on the track and they actually suck on the velodrome too. The ONLY good things about them are they're always round and straight. Other than that, worst tires ever. Zero traction, crap ride quality.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    It also looks like there is zero glue on that rim. I'd be scared as hell that one was going to roll.

Pathlete and Pedalphile
    It also looks like there is zero glue on that rim. I'd be scared as hell that one was going to roll.
    Why would he need glue, he's got a spoon to hold the tire in place.
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

banned
    Aug 2012
    I have been brain-washed by Tufo. I love their stuff.

Unlike cxwrench, who taught me how to mount tubular tires going back more than a year, I haven't bothered to try out other brands, since these tires from Tufo are plenty good enough for me.

Oh dear ... those big bad guys are going to land hard on me for that comment ... "That means I haven't been riding very hard!"

They are hand made in the Czech Republic too!

I need the wheel to ride on while I wait for this patchnride product to get on the market. That's why I unmounted the punctured tire. I could have bought a new wheel, but I'm not that rich.

So what other brands of tubular tires should I try? I stick with Tufo since I really like the convenience of their gluing tape (Oh dear ... those big bad guys are going to land hard on me for that comment ... "That means I'm a poser and not a real bike mechanic if I can't handle tire glue!")

I don't want to try Tufo's gluing tape with another brand of tire, for fear of the unknown, as in incompatible surface properties leading to the whole thing falling apart easily.
    Last edited by myhui; 02-08-2014 at 07:18 PM.

So that tire that's being take off w/ the spoon was taped on that rim? And you rode it?

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    So that tire that's being take off w/ the spoon was taped on that rim? And you rode it?
    Yes, and it was taped on very securely. I only took the picture after I scraped off the glue from the wheel.

The original point of my post was not made clear, so now I'll make it clear: I was so damned proud of myself for cleanly removing the taped on tire that it deserved a post.

ngl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    I have to agree with cxwrench...Tufo's are junk, and, PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SEAL A 7MM SLICE WITH SEALANT!!! I do not know of any that will work safely.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014
    Looks like their website is up. PatchNRide
    The video says its not a sealant, would be interesting to see how this works.

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    ...if you had clinchers... and you use this product... sounds like you cannot replace the tube later on.
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite with the RBR not-approved Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded to SRAM X9 with 1x10 and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless.
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra with 9-speed SLX RD to run 11-32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    and
    Some Burton snowboard setups, one with stiff ol' Camber and one with Rocker-Camber-Rocker

2 fat 4 cycling
    The Red Green Show was my FAVORITE growing up. I even went to a PBS event and had him sign a roll of duct tape for me! Along with some of his books. So good.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Quote Originally Posted by tihsepa View Post
    The work you are looking for is "garbage".

This was a sugested video from your link. Way better.

More tea, Mr. Bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014
    thats a good point but on their FAQ i see it says
    " Make sure the tool is fully inserted in the tire and push the go button on the tool and release the Air Seal Patch "

i dont think its glued to the tire...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast