RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

Exclamation Prompt, please, that for wheels Token T50S?

Prompt, please, that for wheels Token T50S?

http://tokenproducts.com/htm/products.php

In comparison with similar easton, campa, reynolds and others?

Thanks

Boyd Cycling owner
    Internal nipples on a tubular. Ok if you never have to adjust a spoke, a major hassle if you do ever need to adjust one (unless you time it perfectly when you have to change a tire)
    www.boydcycling.com Handcrafted Revolution

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Your much better off going for a Yishun Wheel. Much the same, but lighter and cheaper. If I'm correct, Token are using their rims. http://www.yishunstefano.com/index.html
    Read the carbon wheel section of the forum for more info. They seem popular. I'm about to get myself a set of 50mm tubulars from them. Only costing me $409 plus postage for a 1459gm wheelset.

Boyd Cycling owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey
    If I'm correct, Token are using their rims.
    Nope, Token are using the Gigantex rims. . easy to spot with those "swooshes" on certain models.

Yinshun rims are very easy to spot as they are the ones with the lowered braking surface (not at the edge of the rim).
    www.boydcycling.com Handcrafted Revolution

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010

Token T50S Wheelset

Quote Originally Posted by coachboyd
    Nope, Token are using the Gigantex rims. . easy to spot with those "swooshes" on certain models.

Yinshun rims are very easy to spot as they are the ones with the lowered braking surface (not at the edge of the rim).
    The T50S is a Token Patented rim and NOT Gigantex or anybody else. The wheelset comes with Tiramic bearings ( Token Patented) and when you buy the set you get skewers, wheel bag, Valve extenders, extra spokes & nipples, and Carbon Brake pads AND you have a crash replacement policy on them for 2 years.
    Not sure if you get all of that with the other wheelsets! This is a COMPLETE set!

Please remember- Token Parts are NOT covered by any warranty if bought on eBay or auction site!
    Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've used many different sets of Token wheels. Right now I have two sets of T50's that I use for racing cyclocross and a C58 on my road bike. All current (and past) wheels where buildt with Sapim CX-Ray spokes. The T50's are uusing Token standard hubs, but I wnet with their light weight hubs on the C58 set. Over the several years I have owned the wheels I have never had a single problem with them. Never needed trued - installed and ride.

The one thing I like with the newer T58's I've been riding is that they do not use the lowered brake trac that need to use special pads - the wheels that have the lowered trac is kind of a PITA when you want to swap wheels around between bikes. Looking at Tokens website I see they still are showing the rims that require the special brake pads so I'm not sure which ones are standard or not.

Michael