RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006

Question about DT Swiss 240S Radial Front Hub

I'm building up some CX wheels and was going to do a 28-hole 2x cross for the front using a DT Swiss 240S hub. The only hubs I can find are there radial specific front hubs. I know these differ in the flange to take the stresses of radial lacing, but would it be OK to use them for regular 2X lacing? I imagine the answer is yes, but I just wanted to get opinions from others. Thanks!

-Pete

wheelbuilder
    I have done cross patterns on those hubs. I like them better than the traditional hub.

-Eric

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Ergott:

What is your personal assessment of the quality of the DT Swiss 240S hubs versus the White Industry hubs regarding, strength, durability, any other qualities?
    "The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."

Adolph Hitler, 1934

"The great mass of people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

Adolph Hitler 1935

wheelbuilder
    Both are excellent quality. I prefer the flange geometry of the WI rear hub. The flanges are wider apart which will make the rear wheel laterally stiffer if the rest of the components are the same. They claim more even tension, but that has never been a problem with other hubs. The DT front hub wider flange spacing so ideally a DT front and WI rear would be the best combo;-)

I usually go with WI. They also have silver and black which is a plus.

-Eric