RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Reynolds Solitude SE wheels Any good?

Im looking to upgrade mt wheelset and Performance is having a sale on these but cant seem to find any info on these? "SE" i guess is performance's special edition? Any advice would be great !

G3
    For riders over 190 lbs., Reynolds recommends a 20/24 spoke wheel with a deeper rim, which the Solitude meets on both criteria.

I have a 215 lb. buddy with this wheel set and he rides wheels hard. Zero problems in over a year and a couple thousand miles. Lots of rough roads and potholes around here too. I have a set of these coming on his recommendation, and I'm also 25 - 30 lbs. below his weight.

This makes me wonder, could your spoke tension have been too low? Front should be 800-950 and rear drive 900-1150. Factory build might have had those set to the lower thresholds.
    Last edited by Aikea Guinea; 08-03-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Is it the future yet?
    Apr 2008
    Performance has the Solitude SE's for a Door Buster on Black Friday for $299. I have $200 in points.
    Are they worth a $100.00 for my rain/winter bike, or should I get Ultegra 6700s for another 100?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    I think Bikewagon have them for a lot less

Quote Originally Posted by maximum7 View Post
    Performance has the Solitude SE's for a Door Buster on Black Friday for $299. I have $200 in points.
    Are they worth a $100.00 for my rain/winter bike, or should I get Ultegra 6700s for another 100?