RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

Rodi stylus wheels and bontrager race lite hardcase please help

I started cycling last year and joined a club this year doing 90-100Km spins at 30km avg speed i was just wondering if i should upgrade the wheels and i just got the bontrager race lite hardcase tyres and did a time trial and they seemed a little slower than the previous mitchelin orium could this be that it was their first spin out and they need to wear in or should the be the same rolling speed?. if you think i should upgarade please let me know what type wheel and tyre you advise. I will be doing a lot of sportives 150km to 200km distance and i will be doing club races for 10 weeks shortly and want to try and get this sorted before that thanks in advance

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I've never used them but from what I gather the emphasis on those tires is flat protection. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are slower than whatever you had on before. Probably not a good choice for you from the sounds of it (though I don't know what a sportive is). They'd be something for someone to use in winter or if not getting a flat was a big concern. If speed is a top priority I think you could do better.

Vittoria Open Corsa and Continental GP 4000 are a couple to consider.
    Last edited by Hank Stamper; 04-15-2010 at 08:50 AM.