RoadBikeReview Member

Roger Musson's Wheelbuilding eBook - New Edition

I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but just to let you all know that Roger Musson released the 7th edition of his excellent wheelbuilding ebook in October. If you already bought a previous edition, all updates are FREE. Wheelbuilding book for cycle wheels
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    downloaded the latest version. thx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Thank you for the heads up. Just downloaded the new version. Can't go wrong with free.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy STi View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. Just downloaded the new version. Can't go wrong with free.
    I've been with Roger since like forever so I'm on my 6 or 7th update - after only ever buying the first one. Try that with anyone else's wheelbuilding book. Roger puts in the new equipment info as it comes out. And if you get the urge (I did and I know how to build wheels!) print off the relevant pages (relevant to you), take them along to your local print shop (Staples up here in Canada) and they will spiral bind it for you and give you a nice colored cover.

Uhh can't you tell I'm from and era that pre-dates the laptop and the tablet?
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    I've been with Roger since like forever so I'm on my 6 or 7th update - after only ever buying the first one. Try that with anyone else's wheelbuilding book. Roger puts in the new equipment info as it comes out. And if you get the urge (I did and I know how to build wheels!) print off the relevant pages (relevant to you), take them along to your local print shop (Staples up here in Canada) and they will spiral bind it for you and give you a nice colored cover.

Uhh can't you tell I'm from and era that pre-dates the laptop and the tablet?

My first was Roger's 6th - relative n00bie here. I see some very minor changes in the 7th which are mostly rewording - at least the parts that are relevant to me.

And I just finished my 2nd wheelbuild which I will talk about in a separate post.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

-- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    My first was Roger's 6th - relative n00bie here. I see some very minor changes in the 7th which are mostly rewording - at least the parts that are relevant to me.
    I've been with him since he wrote "Always use the finest ash for the spokes". I kid you not.

I just finished my 2nd wheelbuild which I will talk about in a separate post.
    Wheel look forward to it.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wheel look forward to it.
    Was that intentional?

-- Warren Buffett

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Was that intentional?
    Meeee, make an intensional wheel-related typo? Noo waaay!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I've been with him since he wrote "Always use the finest ash for the spokes". I kid you not.
    I think you're kidding.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBrooklyn View Post
    I think you're kidding.
    Well ok I am. He's a lot older than I am so he just told me he said it.