RoadBikeReview Member

Rol Volant R/T, or Ultegra 6700 Wheelset??

I'm getting new wheels for my 2 year old bike. These two choices are my "finalists". I am retiring my 11K mile Ultegra SL wheelset, that took all I could dish out.

Both new choices are about the same weight. Both appear to be fine workhorse wheels. I can actually get both for about the same price....

Which one? Opinions, please??
    Just ride.

Molto bene
    I was in the same market and went with the 6700s. Tubeless intrigued me. Still waiting for my tires to come in so I can ride them. Chain Reaction go my wheels to my door for $330.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    What size are you? What is the spoke count of the Ultegra's. I have a set of the (Volant RT's 24/28).and have about 500 mi's on them and am very pleased so far. I weight about 230. Are the Ultegra custom built.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I ordered the Volant R/T's. The customer service at ROL, as opposed to Shimano's non-existant service, was the deciding factor. I'm curious to see how they hold up...
    Just ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    You should be happy with the customer service, try to deal with Sean the owner if you ever have a problem, he did more than I ever expected for me. I had originally order the Volants, but after about 2 months and 300 miles i broke a rear spoke on the drive side. I didn't contact Rol at that time but instead took it to a LBS and had them put in the spare spoke that Rol furnish. Well the LBS couldn't get the wheel completely round. It had a liitle hop to it. So I decided to live with it for 4 or 5 months and took it to another LBS to try and round the wheel but he two was unable to get the hop out of the wheel. So I decided to just live with it. Well about 2 weeks before my first century I notice several cracks around the rear wheel spoke nipples. I then decided to e-mail Sean after I had had the wheels for about a year. He call me that same day we talked about the problem and he recommend the Volant RT's for my size(230) and ship me a set that day on his dime. So I think you will be happy with the RT's I think they ride better and perform just as well as the Volant's in my opinion. I am very happy with them so far.