Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Rol Wheels C45R vs. ENVE ZIPP etc

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Cramps_Tardstrong 
#1 ·
Hello Folks,

I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to try the Rol c45r? I've been eyeing a set of full carbon top-end rims for a while and I'm ready to buy but it's a tough commitment. On one hand, the new Zipp Firecrest are hard not to look at it but I keep coming back to Rol. I have a set of Volants and I love them and I enjoy the service and mentality of Rol Wheels and Sean.

I found out the rims used in the c45r are Corima and everything I read about these puts them in high regard. It seems like they have some of the stiffest and most aero profiles compared to Campy, Zipp, ENVE, etc, etc.

I (think) I'm pretty set on the Rol C45R but I just need that push to alleviate any second thought, ya know? Anyone have any comment to this affect? I appreciate it.

-Cramps

#3 ·
I've been lusting after a set of good carbon clinchers. I generally think of Zipp as being the aero leader, largely based on their marketing blather and other anecdotal comments. Seems like they did a lot of work on the performance and robustness of the brake track on Firecrest clinchers too. I hear far less about ROL and there's not a lot of technical info on their website. I'd like to learn more about them.

#4 ·
I believe that corima make rims for Campag and in turn fulcrum, Never heard a bad word about them as rims, so if they do provide the rims for Rol and you are happy with other wheels by them......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.