Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Roval Fusee SL 25 wheelset?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  farva 
#1 ·
Have a chance to pick up a very lightly used set for $500 - list on Specialized site is $800. Thinking of replacing the stock Mavic CXP22 wheels that came on my 2011 Secteur Comp. I ride mostly in rolling hills of Central NJ. Nothing tremendous from a climb standpoint, but hills are a part of the typical ride. I'm 170lbs and don't mash ultra-hard - if at all. Just thinking taking 800-1000g or so off the bike might be a good idea as a first upgrade. Plan on using 25c tires on these. Appreciate any thoughts folks might have.

•Front hub: carbon center tube with alloy flanges
•Q/R: 106g/set
•Roval titanium quick releases
•Equipped with Shimano 9/10 speed-compatible cassette body
•Rear hub: CNC-machined alloy body, high quality Swiss-made internals, ratchet and cassette body, and sealed cartridge bearings
•Wheelset: 1495g
•E5 alloy, low-profile, seamless welded and machined rim (21mm W x 24mm H)
•DT Aerospeed 1.8mm bladed spokes
•20/24 spokes: radial front pattern, DoubleDrive rear pattern

See less See more
#2 ·
these come with my girlfriends bike and i took them off to use on mine for a while. they are ok... a little flexy. Right now they are a tad bit out of true but i'm going back to the shop to straighten them. At first its little distracting in the begining. you look at the front wheel and 2 different color spokes are going around while you ride, looks like there is something in your wheels.

i personally think you have better choices.

p.s. i'm looking to sell brand new shimano rs80. $420 i'm in queens NY

#3 ·
The SL's are good wheels. They have very high quality DT swiss 240 hub internals, Stainless steel Aerolite spokes & the spoke nipple design is pretty trick (check their website about this). I found them to be plenty stiff enough. The only downside is the tire & rimstrip needs to come off for truing. They weigh in below 1500g for the set if I remember right. When they pop up on ebay they usually go for $300-$500, so your deal is on the higher end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.