RoadBikeReview Member

Schwalbe Durano Plus Bulge ?

I took off on a a ride after I pumped the front Schwalbe Durano Plus tire to 105lbs. I might have over inflated the tire! to 110lbs I notice a budge in the tire. The tire was sticking out past the rim.

The tire is only 3 months old.

Can tires bulge from being over inlflated. 110 lbs?

Could this be a results from hitting a pot hole?

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1885
    I took off on a a ride after I pumped the front Schwalbe Durano Plus tire to 105lbs. I might have over inflated the tire! to 110lbs I notice a budge in the tire. The tire was sticking out past the rim.

The tire is only 3 months old.

Can tires bulge from being over inlflated. 110 lbs?

The tire probably wasn't probably seated in the rim.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Two possibilities

ICan tires bulge from being over inlflated. 110 lbs?

Either the tire was not seated properly on the rim (if the bulge was at the base of the tire) or you've hit something and damaged the casing. This did NOT result from pumping to 110 psig.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I indeed got in a hurry and did not seat the tire to the rim
    Woooo. Things are smooth again. Thanks.

Potatoes
    Sorry to pull up an old thread, but I was wondering how the Durano Plus is going?

Is the weight/rolling resistance penalty worth the puncture protection?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majura
    Sorry to pull up an old thread, but I was wondering how the Durano Plus is going?

Is the weight/rolling resistance penalty worth the puncture protection?
    It depends. I've got a xc with Vittoria Randonneur I ride in the morning for rides less than 25 miles. No speed, no flats.

I rode Schwalbe Durano Plus and got flats. I'm riding Vittoria Zaffiro Pro and I have the same problem.
    I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble using a heavier tire if I can change a flat in 10 minutes.
    the problem I have with the Zaffiro Pro is getting the tire mounted.

I want to try Diamante Pro Tech. I had a set o bought off of ebay and I liked them.
    I'm going back if I can find a set under $50 a tire. I use the Pro Slick on my fast wheels.
    Campag Ultra.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

durano tires

It depends. I've got a xc with Vittoria Randonneur I ride in the morning for rides less than 25 miles. No speed, no flats.

I rode Schwalbe Durano Plus and got flats. I'm riding Vittoria Zaffiro Pro and I have the same problem.
    I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble using a heavier tire if I can change a flat in 10 minutes.
    the problem I have with the Zaffiro Pro is getting the tire mounted.

I want to try Diamante Pro Tech. I had a set o bought off of ebay and I liked them.
    I'm going back if I can find a set under $50 a tire. I use the Pro Slick on my fast wheels.
    Campag Ultra.
    I think I have same problem. Do you think your tires are little oversized so hard to mount? I have to pump many many strokes before tire is filled with air (have to use floorpump). Its also maybe not seated (easily). I guess I wont use these tires in the future, should have stuck with tried&true.