RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Shimano RS-80 internal rim width?????

Researching for a new wheelset and want to go with the wider rim width for my 25mm Conti's. I like the many great reviews of the RS-80's but can't find any info regarding the internal rim width dimension. Shimano lists the outside at 20.8mm but nothing for the internal.

Anyone know this measurement?

Thanx
    Last edited by SprinterX; 03-08-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: sp

RoadBikeReview Member
    20.8mm outside 15.1mm inside
    2012 Cervelo S5 Team
    2012 Felt Z6 (sold)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    thanx.
    do you have this wheelset and took the measurement or is it advertised somewhere?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterX View Post
    thanx.
    do you have this wheelset and took the measurement or is it advertised somewhere?
    I have the wheelset and took the measurements with a digital micrometer +-.02mm.

My front rim is bent from a huge pot hole (so I have them sitting around with no tires) and I think was helped by a crappy truing job by the LBS. I true my own wheels now. I don't think they put them back to the correct tension. Before that they were a solid set of wheels.

I ran 25mm Michelin Pro 4 Endurance tires on my old bike with these rims and they worked good. My Cervelo will not allow me to run 25mm tires. If you can find a good deal on 23mm rims I would probably go for them, if they are around 1500g they are as light as the RS-80s. I want to go to a 23mm rim in hopes of a little better ride with my 23mm tires. I think 23-24mm rims with 25mm tires should ride amazing with the lower pressure you can run.
    Last edited by jmorgan; 03-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    2012 Cervelo S5 Team
    2012 Felt Z6 (sold)