Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Stradalli Feedback

I am begining to see a lot more of these wheels, however i cannot seem to find any feedbacks or reviews. Does any one have any experience or information on these wheels?
    They seem to be pretty nice wheels at a great price for a full carbon.
    http://www.stradalli.com/ Not much info is on this site.
    Thanks guys

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010

Thumbs up TOFTT, or just... (imagine that) great wheels at a greater price?

Spectrum,

Yup... I too was hesitant. And curious. And, well... hopeful. I saw the wheels on ebay and came back to them... and back to them... and back to them. And finally, took one for the team. AM I GLAD I DID! In all honesty? They're gorgeous. I have a (heavy) set of Mavics for training and rocky roads, a superlight set of TUBULAR Zipp 303's for race day... and now, a pair of Stradalli full carbon clinchers (that I've equipped with Tufo S33 tubeless clinchers - awesome.)

Man... am I happy. Seriously... beautiful wheels. That came shipped -as promised- a couple days after I ordered them. Straight/true as an arrow.

At the end of the day, I came across this article about their' being the bike/wheel of choice for some ex-Special Forces Colonel. And the way I see it? If they're good enough for that guy, then, well... they're good enough for me.

At the end of the day? Really... couldn't be happier. They are bad to the bone.
    Feel free to email me with any more questions.

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    post a photo or several photos. Looks interesting 50mm clincher.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010

Here's a pic for now...

Here's my bike with the Stradallis, as requested.

Again, IMHO... they are pretty darn good looking wheels!

That said, I could gladly take some more pics for you tmrw when it's light out.

No prob. Just say the word.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stradalli Feedback-mike-stradallis.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Any further expediences you can share? I too am looking at this wheelset but the lack of warranty is a little concerning to me.
    “It is just a ‘Game Boy’ that has a gigolo attached at the end telling the racer when to take a piss,” Hinault

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Taiwan-built with Joytech hubs...nothing to special about them. They did just what every other company does...picked a product from the Taiwan Bicycle Guide, or off of www.alibaba.com, and had a run made with their own decals.
    Last edited by backinthesaddle; 02-05-2010 at 01:45 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Irishsuperhero,

Thanks for the feedback. the more i see these wheels the more i'm liking them.
    How much of an effect does the cross wind have on these?
    Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I have a training wheelset that's 30mm and a racing wheelset that's 50mm tubulars. The wind is noticeable on the deeper profiles, but it becomes manageable with a little time on them.
    “It is just a ‘Game Boy’ that has a gigolo attached at the end telling the racer when to take a piss,” Hinault

Online Wheel Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle
    Taiwan-built with Joytech hubs...nothing to special about them. They did just what every other company does...picked a product from the Taiwan Bicycle Guide, or off of www.alibaba.com, and had a run made with their own decals.
    Planet X, Matrix, Gavia, Token, ex...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

Stradalli Wheels

When I look for reviews for Stradalli, all I get is other people asking the same questions and some geezer saying, they're "darned good looking", frankly that not quite good enough. The price is attractive but i need my teeth more.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010

Stradalli Wheels

I cannot tell you precisely whether or not the wheels are high quality or not. You should take note that if you buy them, there is no warranty. I recently bought a pair, and on my 8th ride the front wheel slowly separated near the rim from standard road roughness resulting in my front brakes vibrating for the last 10 miles of the ride. I sent the wheel back at my expense, and the company tells me that it is not a manufacture issue, and therefore is not eligible for replace/refund. I noticed significant cross wind movement with the 50 mm depth, but thats not specific to this brand of wheel, I'm sure. I'm now selling the undamaged rear wheel on ebay, if you'd like to save some $.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010

whats the weight??

Hi, I'm very interested in this set of wheels too, mainly coz of the price and the spec looks great. is it really 1426g a pair? cheers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    There's no way 50mm clinchers are 1426/pair - sorry, not happening. Stradalli won't confirm this weight either - I've emailed them and they want me to buy it first.

You can get a very similar wheelset for $200 less from Yishun or any other of the many Taiwanese and Chinese manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzoklein
    Hi, I'm very interested in this set of wheels too, mainly coz of the price and the spec looks great. is it really 1426g a pair? cheers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SBH1973
    There's no way 50mm clinchers are 1426/pair - sorry, not happening. Stradalli won't confirm this weight either - I've emailed them and they want me to buy it first.
    IrishSuperHero,

could you please confirm this? have you weight your set of wheels?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    I stand corrected.

I just spoke to someone at Stradalli Bikes (just called them) and asked them about the weight. They stand by it - 1426 for the 50mm clincher. They source their parts from Taiwan (some say this is better than China) and have the wheels built to their spec. Pretty typical. But that is very light indeed.

I'd say these are just as good as anyone else's wheels in the $500-800 range, maybe a bit better if weight is a concern.

Anyway, someone picked up the phone and gave me the information I wanted. If the weight was way off, I suppose you could leave negative feedback, something I doubt they'd appreciate given their 100% rating.

Just received this note from someone who purchased the wheels off ebay:

"the stradalli wheels i have, have been great as i race and train on
    them and have raced very hard with them and have only tweaked
    them once and yes i beleive the weight to be very close hope this
    helps [name]".
    Last edited by SBH1973; 07-27-2010 at 08:29 AM.

nyrider
    Jul 2011

Stradalli bike

okay, I am new to biking and I just bought a Stradalli frame and fork. I plan on building it up and would like some advice on the best parts for my money. Should I stick with SRAM?

Thanks!
    Jay

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tedescoj View Post
    okay, I am new to biking and I just bought a Stradalli frame and fork. I plan on building it up and would like some advice on the best parts for my money. Should I stick with SRAM?

Thanks!
    Jay
    Wich frame you choose? could you share some pics of your new frame?

RoadBikeReview Member
    They're local to me.

The owner has a chopper fab shop and decided to do bicycles as well, I'm guessing because he probably rides himself. A lot of the local pro guys are running these frames and wheels.

My buddy is a Cat 1 racer for Chemstar/United Healthcare and runs the 50mm clincher wheels and also a frame. Says he's liking both so far and likes the idea that they're reasonably priced plus local, hasn't had anything bad to say about them so far.

There's quite a few companies coming out of S. Florida that are selling the open mold stuff, but it seems like Stradalli has the best rep so far, locally.

PS- I in no way have ANYTHING to do with Stradalli. Just trying to provide some info to the best of my ability.

nyrider
    Jul 2011

Stradalli Sorrento Frame

I bought the Sorrento frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tedescoj View Post
    I bought the Sorrento frame.
    Do you built it already? how is it going with the frame? could youu comment a little on weight, finish etc? I'm considering these frames too.

nyrider
    Jul 2011
    I havent started the build yet but the frame is 9 lbs. a little more then I was expecting. I wanted to try to build an 11 pound bike but thats not happening now. I am thinking I should have gone with a titanium frame. Owell next build.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009

Napoli

They have a new bike "napoli". It's the trigon rqc29 or neuvation fc500.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantmigz View Post
    They have a new bike "napoli". It's the trigon rqc29 or neuvation fc500.
    I don't think it's either - the top tube is way too sloped. I am trying to figure out what that frame is, so far no luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012

Frame

I purchased a stradalli frame about 6 months back. Frame has developed a crack on drive side chain stay near bottom bracket. Frame is done. Less than 6 months and a crack wow, never have I seen this.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Looks like u did not read the horror stories about their brand. I bet they did not warranty it, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast