RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012

Tire suggestions, similar to Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick

Hi all,

I've only really ridden on one type of tire, 23mm Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick. I've gone through 5 so far and I am getting around 1800mi out of the rear tire.

What are some other good choices which are about the same quality and price. If anything I'd like to get a little more tire life but that's not essential as long as the price is about the same. I'm also temped to try a 25mm wide tire, if that impacts your recommendations.

I'm a 200lbs rider. Most of my rides are rollers with a few small climbs and the road are pretty good for the most part, although I have ridden down a dirt road a few times when the route was unknown.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    The regular threaded tire in the same line is excellent..I've been riding them for two years with zero complaints

Prior to these I was running Verdestein Fortezza, they have a tri-comp slick that would match up very well

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hard to judge how things will pan out for you, but I've gotten great mileage out of Hutchinson's Equinox and found it to be just as good of a ride despite the low TPI count. Sometimes you can find them at $9.99. Got a good 7 months out of a rear at 140lbs and crap roads 6/7days a week. The rotated front lasted until two weeks ago (so make that 10 months overall for that one) when the bead failed.

Ironically I just picked up a 25mm Rubino Pro Slick again, which I had before the Hutchinson's. These tend to last me maybe 2/3's as long with arguably no better ride quality imo. Just didn't didn't get the Hutchinson's as I needed a quick replacement. They weren't in-store and Performance had a sale on the Rubino anyway.