Thread: Token c22a

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

Token c22a

Hey fellow riders,

Token components just built a new super light wheelset this year (2011) and I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to test them yet. I can't find reviews anywhere of them so far on any forum site.

They weigh in at a feathery 1280 grams but I was wondering if they are stiff or flexy or how they spin up.

Any info would be helpful!

Thanks,
    Tim

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    I have since December and are the best to rise. Roll very smooth.
    The problem is to buy because there is always a waiting list.

Nuno Morgado
    Portugal

RoadBikeReview Member
    brrrr, I'm feeling a little.. shilly

RoadBikeReview Member
    sorry, I'm prob too cynical...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    wow lol

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a pair in for testing - thinking about stocking Token on my site. Will review on my blog in time.

So far I love the feel of the hubs and they roll really well. Weight is as claimed and everything checks out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Those look identical to bitex hubs but with the price pumped up for ceramic bearings.

Looks like a bitex/xr200 wheel, with really expensive stickers on it. 100 bucks worth of hubs, 100 bucks worth of rims and spokes, 500 bucks worth of stickers?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    Those look identical to bitex hubs but with the price pumped up for ceramic bearings.

Looks like a bitex/xr200 wheel, with really expensive stickers on it. 100 bucks worth of hubs, 100 bucks worth of rims and spokes, 500 bucks worth of stickers?
    I sense a business opportunity for you. If you can put together a set of sub 1300g wheels with bladed spokes for $200 without stickers, you'll probably put all of the other wheel companies and wheel builders out of business. I'm even willing to pay $10 for shipping. Deal?

Seriously, I'm sure there's a good bit of markup in these wheels, but really, what bike component isn't marked up? Maybe my proverbial rock is larger than others, but I haven't noticed many sub 1400g prebuilt clinchers, so this is somewhat interesting, and at a much more attractive price point than what Mavic, HED, Rol and others have been getting for quite a while for heavier wheels.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    I did just that and Ive sold a ton of them Yes, they do go pretty quick. Ill be selling more once my parts show up.

750 bucks will get you dura ace or WI hubs on xr200's.. thats just a crappy price point for those hubs, and most of that money is going to the ceramic bearings, which dont really do anything. I like and ride cheap imported hubs and kinlins, I have nothing against them, but then again I know exactly what they cost!

Thats coming close to alchemy hubs with cx rays. Would be easy to do with revs or lasers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

token c22 wheelset

Hey guys, you can get the token c22 wheelset now at online company called american cyclesport for $599.00