RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

Token C30A feedback?

Hello there:
    I been watching these wheels lately and would like to hear or see any pics of them mounted on a bike. I read a review of them that found on the net and was very positive so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Here is a pic of the wheels. Any owner's out there?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Was the review from an Australian bike magazine? I don't have a set but looked at buying a set recently, they are based on the kinlin XR300 rims with generic hubs pretty good bang for the buck over here in Oz $499AU sticker price, I have just homebrewed my own set with some kinlins and second hand hubs I acquired :-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ausdb
    Was the review from an Australian bike magazine? I don't have a set but looked at buying a set recently, they are based on the kinlin XR300 rims with generic hubs pretty good bang for the buck over here in Oz $499AU sticker price, I have just homebrewed my own set with some kinlins and second hand hubs I acquired :-)

Yeahp you got it

RoadBikeReview Member

Token

Quote Originally Posted by lockwood1
    Hello there:
    I been watching these wheels lately and would like to hear or see any pics of them mounted on a bike. I read a review of them that found on the net and was very positive so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Here is a pic of the wheels. Any owner's out there?
    Token wheels are a great value for what you get. Although I don't have the set you are looking at, I do own a set of Tokens T38's that I use for cyclocross and a set of their C50's I use for everyday road wheels. Both sets are a few years old and have been nothing but great. The only issue I've had so far is 2 broken CX-Ray spokes on the C50's. Really not much of an issue as broken spokes will happen from time to time.

I actually received last week a set of Tokens 2010 Protos C50's that I have been testing out for them. They have made some nice improvements. I would have no issues buying any Token products...especially for the price.

www.MLKimages.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Received my new wheelset on Monday August 3 and my first impression was that the wheels are very attractive and look super cool specially the red hubs. Went to my LBS to install them and to my surprise the bike still weighted the same as before. 17.1 lbs. with Neuvation M28 Aero 3 and with the new C30A. No big difference. The Token web site list these wheels at 1600g and another LBS that distribute Token products in his product literature list the same wheelset for 1670g. I'm a little dissapointed here because it is obvious that there is a mistake in the weight listed on the web site . I bought these wheelset because of the weigh. I'm gonna ride them on Sunday to see if there is a big difference so I'll keep you updated.

RoadBikeReview Member

Listed weights

Quote Originally Posted by lockwood1
    Received my new wheelset on Monday August 3 and my first impression was that the wheels are very attractive and look super cool specially the red hubs. Went to my LBS to install them and to my surprise the bike still weighted the same as before. 17.1 lbs. with Neuvation M28 Aero 3 and with the new C30A. No big difference. The Token web site list these wheels at 1600g and another LBS that distribute Token products in his product literature list the same wheelset for 1670g. I'm a little dissapointed here because it is obvious that there is a mistake in the weight listed on the web site . I bought these wheelset because of the weigh. I'm gonna ride them on Sunday to see if there is a big difference so I'll keep you updated.

before you get upset, it's best to weight both wheelsets on a digital scale to see which ones are off.

Manufacture listed weights are usually off from actual weights, but the 3 set of Token wheels I own have all been extremely close to the listed weights.

Michael