RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

Velocity Helios a good value for racing/fast group rides?

I found a pair of used Helios wheels for $175 w/ skewers. Slight brake wear only on the rear wheel.

My question is:

1) Is this a good deal
    2) Will these wheels be a good option for entry level racing, fast group rides, and centuries.

I'm a relatively new rider, but ride nearly every day and weigh 175 lb (now). I like to climb, but races will liekly be mainly flat (crits). I don't need anything too race oriented, but do need something that won't be a liability.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

Anyone?

I may have to act quickly, so please let me knwo what you think if you can help out. Sorry!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarner
    I may have to act quickly, so please let me knwo what you think if you can help out. Sorry!
    they look like a nice option. i tried to pick up a pair direct from velocity but backed off in the end due to price. i did buy the aerohead rims for a wheelset rebuild though. nice product

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Cool. I actually did pick these up, and am really psyched about light, reputable, handbuilt wheels for under 200 bones. I hear they're supposed to be strong, too, but that would break a cardinal rule of biking. Thanks for the reply, btw.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I am running aeroheads on one of my bikes--- built the wheels myself. They are excellent rims.

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot
    they look like a nice option. i tried to pick up a pair direct from velocity but backed off in the end due to price. i did buy the aerohead rims for a wheelset rebuild though. nice product