banned

Velocity Spartacus pro wheelset

Does anyone have experience with these wheels. I can pick a pair up at a great price. 16 f 20r. I am a farily light rider. 150-160 inseason and off-season. I am going to use them as a training wheel. How durable are they. Any feedback will help. Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

No Problem Here

I have the 20/24 version but I weight about 215. I have about 2,000 miles on them and they are still true. I did have a little problem with one of the spoke holes inside the rim was not smooth and it eventually cut through the rim tape. It was easy to fix and I havent had a problem since.

The only thing I dont like about them is the non-machined brake surface. I believe the have a machined version though. Dont quote me on that though.

Overall, for the money I have been very happy. Im sure that wont be popular with the style police but they honestly work well and I only paid about $150 for them.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sympatico
    I have the 20/24 version but I weight about 215. I have about 2,000 miles on them and they are still true. I did have a little problem with one of the spoke holes inside the rim was not smooth and it eventually cut through the rim tape. It was easy to fix and I havent had a problem since.

The only thing I dont like about them is the non-machined brake surface. I believe the have a machined version though. Dont quote me on that though.

Overall, for the money I have been very happy. Im sure that wont be popular with the style police but they honestly work well and I only paid about $150 for them.
    The ones i am looking at are the 16 front and 20 rear. I am going to race ksyrium sl's and have the velocity's for training. The overall weight on them seems good and they actually will look pretty cool. They retail for around $400 if I am correct and I'm getting them for $200, brand new. I figure, why not.

Thanks for the input.

Ya, what ATP said...!
    Hey Techno, if you're patient, you might be able to save some $$. Bookmark this store and wait for the right auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I was watching these last week but I just don't need a third set of wheels. Good luck.