RoadBikeReview Member

Veloflex Pave vs. Torelli Gavia

Anyone tried both? I'm running paves now and curious about the gavia. Similar specs/tpi, cotton vs. synthetic. Wondering how the Torelli compares (ride/durability.)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

Veloflex vs Torelli Gavia

I've ridden the Veloflex Corsa, not the Pave, which is 320 tpi tire as well. I like the Gavia more, much more. The Corsa is a fine tire and has better road feel and feels faster than, for instance, a Conti GP4000s or a Bontrager Race X Lite (the original bald tire).

The Gavia is a different experience. Road feel, rolling resistance, smoothness, all much better than a Corsa. Just a joy to ride on. It's my race, and sometimes fast group ride, tire so my set doesn't have a lot of miles on them and therefore I can't speak to longevity. But they're so good that even if I get only 1500 miles/set it's just not an issue for me.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Is it possible to get Torelli tires in Europe?
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.