RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Vittoria Pave Open

Wow, just mounted up a pair of these, and man, they're skinny! Well, skinnier than I thought they'd be. Coming off of some very fat Specialized Roubaix Pro 23/25s (23 tread on 25 casings), these look smallish. In fact, the Specialized tires BARELY fit on my System6, and even had some scraping when riding on wet gravelly roads.

So, tire clearance won't be an issue with these Paves, though I was hoping they'd be a little bit fatter. Still hoping the ride will turn out to be good enough to justify their high $$. But as far as size, hard to believe these are called 24s. Maybe due to suppleness they don't need to be overly fat.(?)

Anyway, just sharing some info in case anyone's thinking about buying a set. I'll post a followup ride report soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Have you actually measured the Paves vs. the Specialized? The Specs might be bigger than labeled.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

good point

Yeah, good point. I didn't measure the Specializeds before removing them, but after measuring the Paves, which are right at or slightly under 24s, I'm thinking those Spec. Roubaixs must've been closer to 27s. No wonder I had trouble stuffing them under my System6!

All that being said, the Paves are indeed pretty close to advertised size. I guess I was probably expecting something a bit fatter like the tubular version of the Pave. Oh well, still a really nice tire.