RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

Vuelta XRP Comp wheels?

Hello there guys:
    Just saw these wheels on e-bay and would like to hear some opinions. Is it good wheels for 170.00? Let me know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vuelta XRP Comp wheels?-vuelta.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bought a set of these back in Feb of this year. Used them for about 3 months as my main training wheel. They were very good wheels for the price I paid ($150) and only had them trued twice. I would not consider them to be a very long lasting wheelset but I think they would be fine for lighter training. Since I am more of a Clydesdale, I did feel these wheels to be a little flexing especially when you stand up on steeper climbs. Later I bought a set of Mavic Krysium SL Premium as my main wheels and made the Vuelta's my backup set. The Mavic's are not as aero as the Vuelta's but still a solidly built wheel. I have not had the SL's trued yet and I have put over 500 miles on them already. I am going to turn the Vuelta's to tubeless and test out the ride quality as an experiment this spring. Good luck.
    ------------------------------
    TheDarkAce

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Girlfriend has them on her bike. She's got about 3000 miles on them with no problems. Never needed to be trued. Then again, she only weighs about 110#.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    For the price you can't beat them.