RoadBikeReview Member

Weight restriction using Campag 9/10 spd Record Titanium Hubs?

I can't seem to find any info on this old 9spd hubset any where.

I've been offered a brand new set by a riding buddy for a new wheel build, but due to lack of info I'm guessing they were not very popular. Has anyone ever built/ridden with these hubs?

(alternatively I could build using some 2006 record hubs that I had originally planned to use)

Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weight restriction using Campag 9/10 spd Record Titanium Hubs?-f2c6c094-790e-49ca-b309-2fe12de36465.jpeg  
    Good bicycles turn effort into emotion.
    They provide the means to reach, and sometimes exceed, your potential.
    On a fine bike you can ride better than you ever thought possible and catch glimpses of extraordinary athletic prowess you didnít realize you had.
    The experience is inspirational and addictive.
    You long to sustain it.

~ jim langley

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    there has never been any weight restrictions on the hubs. go build away. post photo when your finished.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I guess fact they were only in production for a couple of years made me worry.
    Good bicycles turn effort into emotion.
    They provide the means to reach, and sometimes exceed, your potential.
    On a fine bike you can ride better than you ever thought possible and catch glimpses of extraordinary athletic prowess you didnít realize you had.
    The experience is inspirational and addictive.
    You long to sustain it.

~ jim langley

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo yeung
    I can't seem to find any info on this old 9spd hubset any where.

I've been offered a brand new set by a riding buddy for a new wheel build, but due to lack of info I'm guessing they were not very popular. Has anyone ever built/ridden with these hubs?

(alternatively I could build using some 2006 record hubs that I had originally planned to use)

Any thoughts?
    If you're a weight-weenie you'll want the 2006 hubs. Record Titanium 9 speed rear hubs with 10mm axles weigh about 70 grams more than the new design with the over-sized aluminum axle.

Campagnolo also flirted with cartridge bearings in the Record Titanium front hub for 1997-1998, although the pre-load is still adjustable as on a conventional cup-and-cone setup.

Most important is that the old 10mm axle hubs look better, especially the rear hub.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt
    Most important is that the old 10mm axle hubs look better, especially the rear hub.
    Amen to that. Those hubs are BEAUTIFUL in a very classic sense. I've still got a pair tucked away for a "someday" build...the newer stuff is FUGLY by comparison. The 2006 stuff is no doubt excellent -but -as they would likely have more resale value AND look a good bit more like Shimano mtn hubs........ditch em.
    Last edited by LigonierA1; 08-18-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    "Tyranny is insidious. It does not arrive with a punch in the face. It is delivered with a kiss and received with acquiescence"