RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2002

Wheels mfg Accelerator 10sp cassette

wheelsmfg.com has a cassette that lets you run campy shifters by changing the spacing on a shimano cassette to match campy's so you can keep your wheels.
    Wondering how they work? Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

pretty good

i tried an american classic first, it was good but to me the wheels manufacturing works better.
    on both i used a campy chain--doubt that really matters, but both are modified ultegra cassettes, so it is possible a non-campy chain might work even better (i doubt it, but just want to tell you what i was using)
    the reason i have both is i wanted red wheels--and could only find ritchey OCR, but the am classic cassette had an alloy lockring that looked a bit less deep--it did not engage the freehub. so i got the wheels man. same thing--turned out it was the ritchey freehub, not the cassette--eventually i used a regular shimano xt lockring, which engaged the hub, but then the RD hit the spokes--so it was a problem for me with the ritchey wheels--otherwise i have used it on a set of cane creek aeroheads (good) and am calssic hubs with velocity rims (good as well).
    If you can afford it, the wheels manufacturing works better in my opinion than the american classic.
    I can sell you my american classic cassette if you have any trouble finding one, as i am not using it.
    jim

RoadBikeReview Member

Works great.

I have a Wheels Manufacturing cassette on one set of wheels, the Ultegra modified version. I can't tell the difference between the shifting on that wheelset or my other wheels which have Campy Record cassette on them, one is a set of Campy Eurus the other Rolf Prima Elan Aeros.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselforlife
    wheelsmfg.com has a cassette that lets you run campy shifters by changing the spacing on a shimano cassette to match campy's so you can keep your wheels.
    Wondering how they work? Thanks
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002

How much did the cassette cost you ?

I like to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanmoretime
    I have a Wheels Manufacturing cassette on one set of wheels, the Ultegra modified version. I can't tell the difference between the shifting on that wheelset or my other wheels which have Campy Record cassette on them, one is a set of Campy Eurus the other Rolf Prima Elan Aeros.

flinty-eyed moderator
    I have one on my Power Tap Pro wheel- works pretty good. Not as good as Campy- but at over 1/2 the price, I was impressed. Plus the 11-25 is a nice range of gears IMHO.