RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008

White Industries H2 Shimano to Campy Conversion?

Looking for a WI H2 Shimano > Campy conversion kit. Anyone know of an online retailer or do you have to buy directly from WI??

RoadBikeReview Member

Just order it direct

It does happen often enough for a retailer to carry. Note that if you have an H2 and convert to Campy, you won't be able to run 11. If you're on 10, it's fine.
    i've got limited minutes left in life, don't waste my time

Online Wheel Builder
    Boneman is right on this one. We don't have any in stock. Maybe try users Ergott or rruff. They might have them in.
    If not then going straight to the horses mouth may be worth a shot.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I'm not sure if White Industries sells the kits to consumers, but any place that sells their hubs can get it. You will need to redish the wheel after doing the conversion.
    Valley Cyclist Wheels www.valleycyclist.com
    Save 15% on your first order from Hammer Nutrition with affiliate code 239794 hammernutrition.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Contacted WI & the conversion is pretty steep...$160 for freehub body and axle kit. Think I'll just continue to use Shimano & SRAM cassettes for now...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tojnom View Post
    Contacted WI & the conversion is pretty steep...$160 for freehub body and axle kit. Think I'll just continue to use Shimano & SRAM cassettes for now...
    Wheels Manufacturing makes conversion cassettes. Perhaps those are worth looking into.
    Wheels Manufacturing Cassette Conversions
    Valley Cyclist Wheels www.valleycyclist.com
    Save 15% on your first order from Hammer Nutrition with affiliate code 239794 hammernutrition.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Definitely interesting, but they're same price as the conversion kit...$160. I really haven't had any issues with shifting, but I might pickup a jtek shiftmate just to be safe. Looks like model #1 is what I'd need...Jtek Engineering Shiftmate

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Campy 11 shifters will shift a Shimano 9spd drivetrain perfectly. If you want 10spd you need a jtek.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rruff View Post
    Campy 11 shifters will shift a Shimano 9spd drivetrain perfectly. If you want 10spd you need a jtek.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

I have a 10 speed Record group w/ a 105 cassette. Everything shifts fine, but I would prefer to have a Campy cassette to complete the bike...At some point I'll bite the bullet and buy the conversion, but for now I'm going to just use the spare cassettes I have.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Your drivetrain is C10 and your cassette is S10? Those aren't close. Definitely need a jtek... and frankly there is no good reason to ever get a C cassette.

http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=3946

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rruff View Post
    Your drivetrain is C10 and your cassette is S10? Those aren't close. Definitely need a jtek... and frankly there is no good reason to ever get a C cassette.

Rear Shifting
    Yep C10 w/ an S10 cassette & it works flawlessly. In fact, I also have a Centaur 10speed group w/ an SRAM Apex cassette & an X7 RD on a Salsa Vaya & it works flawlessly as well. As mentioned before, I prefer a Campy cassette, but I'll make do for now. I have a Record cassette on a set of training wheels & I use it a fair amount. If I run into any issues, I'll pickup a jtek.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    For a 10 speed, you could get a Wheels Mfg cassette (Campy spacing with Shimano spline). If you're C10/S10 combo works, I don't think you need to change anything. For years I ran a similar combo - C8/S7 triple for a touring bike.

It sounds like you just want to "keep it all in the family". So here is a quick food for thought - do you brand match your stem and handlebars and seatpost?
    My Bikes
    "It's supposed to be hard...The hard is what makes it great."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    It sounds like you just want to "keep it all in the family".....

That pretty much sums it up. The only part that's not Campy is the cassette. As for functionality, everything works so I'll leave it alone for now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008

Ambrosio Cassette - Shimano Spline, Campy Spacing

Found this on probikekit - similar to Wheels Mfg conversion cassette, but a third of the price - $52.00. This might be the ticket...

Ambrosio Shimano Fit For Campagnolo Gears Cassette - 10 Speed
    Last edited by tojnom; 05-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    I went from Campy to Shimano on a White Hub, now I'm sitting on a campy kit that I dont need. (Are you listening?) Yes it was $160. You might have to re dish the wheel about 1 mm if you get one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch562 View Post
    I went from Campy to Shimano on a White Hub, now I'm sitting on a campy kit that I dont need. (Are you listening?) Yes it was $160. You might have to re dish the wheel about 1 mm if you get one.
    I think I'm listening...you have a kit for sale?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tojnom View Post
    I think I'm listening...you have a kit for sale?
    I sent you a pm