RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011

White Industries H3 hub Shimano to Campagnolo conversion.

I am transitioning from SRAM to Campagnolo groups and need some help regarding my current WI H3 hubs. The H3 on my wheel has a Shimano freehub. Can I simply replace the Shimano freehub with a Campy freehub? Or do I need to purchase a Campy specific H3 hub to begin with? I am hoping to save a little cash by simply doing a free hub swap rather than have to buy a new hub and have another Wheel laced up. Thank you for your input.

"It's a time trial. You have to start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible. And hope it's fast enough." Cadel Evans

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Here's a cut/past from the FAQ on their website:

"Can I convert my rear cassette hub from Campy to Shimano or Shimano to Campy?

For cassette hubs manufactured after 1996, you can convert from one drive train system to another. A new freehub body, axle, and axle ends are required for the conversion. Once the new components are installed, the wheel will need to be re-dished. While the hubs can be converted from one drive system to another, the Campy 11 system is only compatible with the H3 hub shell."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    and don't forget those white hubs use a ti body...I've done this exact conversion before and it's $150+ in parts!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks Dookie and Jay. I think I will buy another Campy specific H3 and sell my Shimano H3. In this case probably a more convenient solution for me!

"It's a time trial. You have to start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible. And hope it's fast enough." Cadel Evans

T K
    wasssabi
    Why would you have to redish the wheel? Is that somthing particular to those hubs. I've heard of people changing freehub bodies but not of redishing too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by T K View Post
    Why would you have to redish the wheel? Is that somthing particular to those hubs. I've heard of people changing freehub bodies but not of redishing too.
    The new axle/end cap combo shifts the wheel over a bit