Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011

Yishun Wheels Update---Beware!

Hello,
    I wanted to post my experience with Yishun Bike in efforts to prevent this scenario from repeating itself. I will start by saying that I do support my local bike shops and try to keep the majority of my business within my local community. I understand this philosophy and do not wish to argue that. I also was aware of the risk I was taking when I decided to move forward with a purchase from Yishun. This post is not to stir up arguments or open the door for you to attempt to lecture me. I'm simply taking the time to share some information with you.

I started communicating with Stefano in late January when I decided to order a rear wheel. I needed a deep carbon for time trials and flat races. I confirmed with Stefano multiple times that I wanted an 88mm, tubular, matte finish wheel. I also asked multiple times if all the parts necessary to build my wheel were in stock (this was due to posts I read on this site). This was confirmed by Stefano and an invoice was sent. The invoice refelcted my desire to purchase an 88mm, tubular, matte finish wheel. The funds were sent about 4 days before the Chinese New Year Holiday and the wheel was shipped on the Friday just before the holiday began. I received the battered box approximately 10 days later. Upon opening the box I immediately noticed that the wheel was a gloss finish and not the matte that I ordered and paid for. This was unfortunate since the rest of my aero wheels are matte finish, thus the reason why I ordered a matte finish to begin with.

I immediately contacted Stefano with my concerns. I even went as far as to send him pictures and a copy of the invoice. A few days passed and I was contacted by a gentlemen named Kevin. Kevin requested images of the wheel as well. I complied and sent Kevin about 10 additional images in addition to what I had already sent Stefano. I continually had to initiate communication with Stefano and Kevin in attempts to keep the communication open. The next contact came from Karen who claims to be Stefano and Kevin's manager. Karen agreed that Yisun had made a mistake and appologized. I explained (in multiple emails to Karen) that I would like the product that I ordered. The responses have ranged from sending me a water bottle cage and skewer to selling the wheel to a friend of mine if I was unhappy. Both of these suggestions were offensive to me. If i needed a skewer or water bottle cage, I would have ordered them. Also, I shouldn't have to sell the wheel to someone else to compensate for Yishun's mistake. I have continued to email and have been told "No worries, we will take care of this".

After multiple emails (that I can post), I was told that Yishun would send me the correct wheel and they requested that i send the gloss wheel to another customer that is waiting. I explained that I would agree to this and that Yishun should include a prepaid shipping label with the matte wheel shipment. I was told that the matte wheel could possibly ship late last week. I was contacted by Karen last night (after I emailed asking for a tracking number) and was informed that the matte wheel is not available, but I needed to go ahead and ship the gloss wheel to Singapore! Mind you, the expectation was for me to pay shipping to Singapore! I have already paid for shipping cost to me (for the incorrect product), I do not understand why Karen and Yishun assume that I would be ok to absorb the cost of shipping the product to someone else and HOPE that they send me the correct product. I have been very clear with Yishun that any resolution to this issue SHOULD NOT include any additional cost to me. Also, why would I ship off the only thing that I have to show for my money. Very simply, I want and expect the product that I paid for.

At this point, I'm not encouraged by the communication from Yishun (Karen, Kevin, and Stefano). I have put a lot of time and energy into attempting to explain my concerns and expectations. It appears to me that Yishun could care less about me as a customer or about making this situation right. I know that there have been several of you who have successfully ordered through Yishun and Stefano and I am happy for you. I hope that if you decide to move forward with a purchase it will work out for you.

To recap: I confirmed availability, clearly articulated my order, verified everything was correct on the invoice, sent funds, and was sent the wrong product. The rest of my time has been begging and pleading for the product that I paid for. Race season is upon us and I would like to have this wheel as an option when the course accomodates it. I will post copies of the emails that support my claims.

Beware...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Here are copies of the most recent email string that ask me to ship the wheel to Singapore and "have confidence". Also note the "Pls do us a favor". What about doing me a favor and sending me what I paid for?!? Start reading from the bottom.

Karen,
    I will have confidence in you once you correct the issue. Do what you have already promised to do and then we will go from there.
    Rick

Sent: Tue Mar 08 20:44:11 2011
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Hello Rick,
    Because our rims are not ready.
    you should have confidence with our company. we always are here.
    You can find us anytime.
    Pls do us a favor
    best regards
    karen

2011-03-09
    Tel:+86-591-88075026
    Fax:+86--591-83850271
    Mob:+86-13763855378
    Email: sales@yishunbike.com
    MSN: yishunkaren@hotmail.com
    web:www.yishunbike.com
    发送时间: 2011-03-09 10:34:52
    收件人: sales@yishunbike.com
    抄送:
    主题: Re: Re: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    Once I receive the correct product that I ordered and paid you for, then I will ship the gloss wheel to your customer.
    Rick

Sent: Tue Mar 08 20:15:09 2011
    Hello Rick,
    We can send the rear wheel to you this week,
    since the rear rims are not ready. but will be ready tomorrow.
    We can ship it the day afer tomorrow.

As always, we are trying to be honest with customer.
    But sometimes not everything is under control.
    Could you send the rear gloss wheel to my customer who is in singapore.
    My customer is waiting for the wheel. but we take too much time to produce the rims at the begining of chinese new year.
    Pls ship the rear wheel to

Attn:*NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT IDENTITY
    Add: *ADDRESS REMOVED TO PROTECT IDENTITY
    #08-25,Singapore
    postal code - 650235
    TEl *NUMBER REMOVED TO PROTECT IDENTITY
    We are a company, it is safe to do business with us.
    Feel free to send the wheel to our customer, we will ship the replacement to you soon.
    You can trust us for sure!
    best regards
    karen

2011-03-09

发送时间: 2011-03-09 0910
    抄送:
    主题: Re: Re: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    Please respond with your intentions and the date the wheel(s) will ship. I need an answer very soon.
    Thank you,
    Rick
    Last edited by tennbanshee; 03-09-2011 at 07:31 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Here are additional email in which I plead with Yishun to correct the issue.

Karen,
    A tracking number would be very helpful.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Mon Mar 07 19:51:36 2011
    hello Rick, we could send the wheels already.
    Iam outside, will send you atracking number soon
    no worries
    best regards
    karen

2011-03-08
    发送时间: 2011-03-08 09:00:00
    抄送:
    主题: Re: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    Could you please update me? I would like to know if the matte wheel has shipped? I was under the impression that it was shipping last week.
    I'm trying to plan for an event and need to know the status of my matte wheel.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Subject: RE: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    I’m assuming that since I haven’t heard back from you that you have everything that you need. Will the Matte wheel ship today?
    Thanks,
    Rick

Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 12:09 PM
    To: 'sales@yishunbike.com'
    Subject: Re: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike

Karen,
    I will be happy to get you the pictures you desire. I'm out of town this week but will try to figure out a way to get you what you need. If I can't find someone to go to my house, I will get it to you when I return on Saturday.
    Also, please make sure the box you are using to ship the matte wheel is reinforced. I will need to use that box to ship the gloss wheel to the other customer. The original box that I received was damaged extensively during shipping and was taped back together in multiple places. Its safe to say that it would not be good to reuse.
    Can you please tell me when you expect the matte wheel to ship and will you send me the tracking number so I can make arrangements for someone to sign for it?
    Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Sun Mar 06 10:03:21 2011
    Hello Rick, we are going to send you the matte wheel rear. could you do us a favour
    Could you take the pictures for the wheel you have got, special for the rims,
    Pls find a mark begin with HJ-XXXXX(numbers)
    Also take the pictures for the braking surface
    We just need to send the rear wheel to the other customer
    we want to match a front wheel with same rims as you got to customer.
    Hope your understanding and support.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon
    best regards
    karen

2011-03-06
    发送时间: 2011-02-25 11:47:36
    抄送: danny@yishunbike.com; stefano@yishunbike.com; kevin@yishunbike.com
    主题: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    This is an acceptable solution. Please include a prepaid shipping label with the matte wheel shipment and I will be happy to forward the gloss product to the customer you speak of.
    Thank you for rectifying this situation and sending me the product that I initially ordered. I'm pleased with this approach and look forward to receiving the matte product that I originally discussed and ordered from Stefano. Once we have completed the process you describe, I will be happy to inform everyone that Yishun does stand behind their product and service to their customers.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Thu Feb 24 20:26:46 2011
    Subject: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Hello Rick, next week, we could send you a new wheels with matte 88mm finished
    we will ask you to send the 3k glossy wheels to our the other customer
    will send you the customer's infomation and keep you inform the tracking number
    best regards
    karen

2011-02-25
    发送时间: 2011-02-25 04:37:04
    抄送: Yishun Stefano
    主题: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    Please respond with your final resolution to my issue. This will determine my next steps. I very much believe it would be in the best interest of Yishun Bikes to provide me with the product that I paid for. If that is not an option then I look to you for a solution. You should note that an acceptable solution does not include me sending additional funds to Yishun. Furthermore, an acceptable solution doesn’t include sending me a skewer or bottle cage and hoping that I will disappear. I ordered a wheel because I needed a wheel. Please explain to me why you haven’t offered to send me the correct product? Are you marketing a product that you cannot deliver? I simply do not understand this situation.

I’m actually quite shocked that Yishun has taken such a defensive approach after admitting that the wrong product was sent to me. To recap, I’m only asking for what we agreed to during the transaction process. The front wheel (at your cost) was only an acceptable solution if you could not produce my initial order that I placed. I remind you, the initial order was verified multiple times by Stefano and confirmed that it could be filled.

A delay in response or no response within 24 hours will indicate that you have no intentions of rectifying this situation and I will proceed with passing along as much information as I can to as many people as possible. I will share all of my communiqués with Yishun Bike and all responses I have received. It should be obvious to all that I have taken a very diplomatic approach and given you every opportunity to make this situation right. I have nothing more to say and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
    Rick

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    More emails to demostrate the amount of time I have spent pursuing Yishun and asking for updates. It makes me sick to look back at the amount of time I have in this. The wheel is definitely not worth this.

Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 12:09 PM

Karen,
    I will be happy to get you the pictures you desire. I'm out of town this week but will try to figure out a way to get you what you need. If I can't find someone to go to my house, I will get it to you when I return on Saturday.
    Also, please make sure the box you are using to ship the matte wheel is reinforced. I will need to use that box to ship the gloss wheel to the other customer. The original box that I received was damaged extensively during shipping and was taped back together in multiple places. Its safe to say that it would not be good to reuse.
    Can you please tell me when you expect the matte wheel to ship and will you send me the tracking number so I can make arrangements for someone to sign for it?
    Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Sun Mar 06 10:03:21 2011
    Hello Rick, we are going to send you the matte wheel rear. could you do us a favour
    Could you take the pictures for the wheel you have got, special for the rims,
    Pls find a mark begin with HJ-XXXXX(numbers)
    Also take the pictures for the braking surface
    We just need to send the rear wheel to the other customer
    we want to match a front wheel with same rims as you got to customer.
    Hope your understanding and support.
    best regards
    karen

2011-03-06
    发送时间: 2011-02-25 11:47:36
    抄送: danny@yishunbike.com; stefano@yishunbike.com; kevin@yishunbike.com
    主题: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    This is an acceptable solution. Please include a prepaid shipping label with the matte wheel shipment and I will be happy to forward the gloss product to the customer you speak of.
    Thank you for rectifying this situation and sending me the product that I initially ordered. I'm pleased with this approach and look forward to receiving the matte product that I originally discussed and ordered from Stefano. Once we have completed the process you describe, I will be happy to inform everyone that Yishun does stand behind their product and service to their customers.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Thu Feb 24 20:26:46 2011
    Subject: Re: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Hello Rick, next week, we could send you a new wheels with matte 88mm finished
    we will ask you to send the 3k glossy wheels to our the other customer
    will send you the customer's infomation and keep you inform the tracking number
    best regards
    karen

2011-02-25
    发送时间: 2011-02-25 04:37:04
    抄送: Yishun Stefano
    主题: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike
    Karen,
    Please respond with your final resolution to my issue. This will determine my next steps. I very much believe it would be in the best interest of Yishun Bikes to provide me with the product that I paid for. If that is not an option then I look to you for a solution. You should note that an acceptable solution does not include me sending additional funds to Yishun. Furthermore, an acceptable solution doesn’t include sending me a skewer or bottle cage and hoping that I will disappear. I ordered a wheel because I needed a wheel. Please explain to me why you haven’t offered to send me the correct product? Are you marketing a product that you cannot deliver? I simply do not understand this situation.

I’m actually quite shocked that Yishun has taken such a defensive approach after admitting that the wrong product was sent to me. To recap, I’m only asking for what we agreed to during the transaction process. The front wheel (at your cost) was only an acceptable solution if you could not produce my initial order that I placed. I remind you, the initial order was verified multiple times by Stefano and confirmed that it could be filled.

A delay in response or no response within 24 hours will indicate that you have no intentions of rectifying this situation and I will proceed with passing along as much information as I can to as many people as possible. I will share all of my communiqués with Yishun Bike and all responses I have received. It should be obvious to all that I have taken a very diplomatic approach and given you every opportunity to make this situation right. I have nothing more to say and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:24 AM
    Cc: Yishun Stefano
    Subject: RE: aftersales service of yishunbike

Karen,
    Furthermore, I take offense to the fact that Yishun appears to not want to make this right. Put yourself in my position…you ordered a product and were delivered the incorrect item. The company has to be pleaded with to send you what you actually paid for. As part of the solution, the company tells you that you should just sell the product to a friend if your unhappy.

I’m not looking for something free, I’m looking for the product that I paid for. Why is that so hard to comprehend? This is your last chance to make this right. I expect a timely response.
    Rick

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:19 AM
    Subject: Re: aftersales service of yishunbike

Karen,
    Please refer to my emails to Stefano. I have no intentions of sending more money to a company that has not properly fulfilled my initial order and also made discussions about it painfully slow.
    The tubular, front wheel (at your cost) was option number two. Please see option one. I would like the correct wheel that I ordered (88mm, matte, tubular) and then I will send you back the incorrect wheel with the prepaid label you should include. I'm simply asking for what I ordered and Yishun confirmed (on more than one occasion) that you could deliver. The only way that the front wheel (at your cost) comes into account is IF you CAN'T produce what you said you could on your invoice to me. If you can't, then I'm stuck with a product that I didn't order. That is when it becomes your responsibility to make the customer (me) happy considering the unfortunate circumstances.
    The next steps are easy...either send me what I paid for OR absorb the cost of the front wheel and send it.
    Also, there is a difference between gloss and matte, its the look. I have a preference and made a decision based off the product selection that Yishun offered.
    It amazes me that I have spent this much time trying to convince a company to do the right thing and stand behind their product. YOU SENT ME THE WRONG WHEEL! SEND ME THE CORRECT ONE.
    I'm tired of spending so much of my time trying to convince you what it means to be a responsible party in a transaction. I'm waiting your response. If it is not acceptable, I will post emails, pictures, copies of the invoice and anything else I can on the internet for everyone to see. It shouldn't have to come to this but I feel that you are giving me no choice and somehow indicating that I should be ok with receiving the wrong product. Totally unacceptable.
    Rick
    Sent: Wed Feb 23 21:24:44 2011
    Subject: Re: aftersales service of yishunbike

Dear Rick,
    Thanks for your email.
    Iam the after sales manager of yishunbike.
    We are very sorry for the wrong rims on wheel you have ordered.
    Sorry for the late solution. we are now just back from chinese new year for 2 weeks.
    Everything is slow at the begining of chinese new year. Some workers are not back in our factory.
    For now. we hope to slove the problem soon

so we can send the 50mm tubular gloss front wheel to you if you pay usd170 for the front wheels.
    Normal price is usd280 with shipping cost to usa.

I believe it is a big deal to you, even you don't like the wheels. you can sell the wheels to your friends.
    You can have a good price. gloss and matte wheels are not different in the cycling. glossy wheels is shiny
    bring you more light in the cycling. I hope you win the races by our wheels soon.
    best regards
    karen

2011-02-24
    发送时间: 2011-02-23 22:36:57
    收件人: karen
    抄送:
    主题: Fwd: How are you?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: 2011/2/23
    Subject: Re: How are you?
    To: stefano@yishunbike.com
    Stefano,
    I am unwilling to spend additional funds when I still do not have what I initially paid you for. Surely you can understand this.
    The best solution to this situation would be to send me the product that I purchased. Include a prepaid shipping label back to you. Once I receive the correct wheel (88mm carbon, matte, tubular), I will ship the incorrect wheel back to you.
    If you can not provide me with the correct wheel; the only way I will be satisfied with keeping the gloss wheel is for you to send me the gloss 50mm tubular any you absorb all costs associated.

So, in summary, I expect the correct product that I paid you for or I expect you to send me the 50mm gloss tubular front that will match the incorrect wheel that was sent to me and you absorb all cost.

It should be noted that I am the customer and have done everything that you required throughout this process. It took a lot of trust on my end to send funds and hope that I received the correct product. Please make this situation correct. I'm losing valuable time. This process has taken way too long.

I do not think it is unreasonable to expect what you and I agreed upon and what I paid for. If you can't produce that then I expect you to take the suggested steps to bring resolve to this situation immediately.

Please respond quickly as time is critical. I am about 11 days from the beginning of race season.

Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Wed Feb 23 02:45:13 2011

Hi Rick

I talk everyday of your case.

Listen we can offer 50mm front GLOSS tubular at 200$ shipped if you want and available in 1/2 days (60mm tubular is not available in less than 20/30 days )

They pay for shipping cost and give you a little discount too

Thanks
    Stefano

2011/2/23 Rick
    Stefano,
    Please provide me with an update. I do not want this process to last an extended period of time. Its already been 1.5 weeks since I received the wrong product.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Stefano,
    My wheel is a Tubular not a clincher. So, I need a 88mm tubular matte rear or a 60mm tubular gloss front to match the incorrect rear that I have now.
    All of my other wheels are matte finish and I do not want to run a mismatched set. I've spent too much money on bike stuff and am particular about my products.
    Please reply as soon as you get this to let me know next steps.
    Rick
    Sent: Tue Feb 22 06:21:08 2011
    Hi Rick

Bad news: Situation
    We haven't 88mm clincher matte at the moment. Production said to me we have a waiting time 60 days actually

If you want you can keep your wheelset and we give to you 1 titan skewers for free and 1 carbon bottlecage

Thanks
    Stefano
    2011/2/21 Rick
    Stefano,
    Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you and Kevin.
    Rick

Sent: Mon Feb 21 12:39:10 2011

Rick I ask everyday to them to find a solution... Kevin should write you tomorrow too.

Thanks
    Stefano
    2011/2/21 Rick
    Stefano,
    Thank you. Please let me know as soon as you have more information.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Sent: Mon Feb 21 12:18:58 2011

Hi Rick,

I wrote several times. Hope this week I have good news for you.

Thanks
    Stefano
    2011/2/21 Rick
    Stefano,
    What's the updated plan? I'm in a bad situation here. Race season begins very soon.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Sent: Fri Feb 18 10:20:14 2011

Subject: RE: How are you?

Stefano,
    It may be appropriate for you to correct the issue at hand and then work out the resolution between your company and the factory in China. That would prevent any further delays to me (and my upcoming season) that appear to be originating from the factory, their delayed response, and inaccurate filling of my order.
    Please let me know what next steps are.
    Thank you,
    Rick

From: stefanodestro@gmail.com [mailto:stefanodestro@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Yishun Stefano
    Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 12:52 AM
    To: Rick

Hi Rick,

I wrote several time to China to solve situation, they told me are checking solution now.
    I'm really very sorry for what happened.

Stefano
    2011/2/18 Rick
    Stefano,
    Due to lack of contact, I have posted on Roadbikereview.com under the China Carbon Clincher Wheel set. I will post additional developments if there are efforts to rectify the issue of the wrong wheel that was sent to me.
    Thank you,
    Rick
    Sent: Thu Feb 17 07:40:22 2011
    Kevin and Stefano,
    I have been very patient since receiving the wrong wheel. I have sent pictures (as requested) and trusted that this would be rectified according to Kevin's email below.
    Since sending the pictures, I have not had any contact from you. I have emailed several times and neither of you respond. This is very frustrating and concerning. There was a certain amount of trust on my end to send you a money order and hope that you sent me the product. It is NOT unrealistic for me to expect the correct product that I ordered.
    Prior to the sale, Stefano was very responsive to all of my emails. It is concerning and looks unfavorable that you do not respond to my emails that pertain to you sending me the wrong product. I understand that mistakes happen. I also know that it is good business to deliver what you promised.
    I purposely have not posted anything on the internet forums because I wanted you to have the opportunity to correct this issue. If you do not reply to this email within 24 hours I will assume that you have no intentions to correct the issue at hand. At that point, I will proceed to inform as many people as possible in efforts to minimize their exposure to you. People deserve to know about this if you do not intend to resolve this issue.
    I hope to hear back from you and would very much like to resolve this issue.
    Thank you,

Rick

Gentlemen,
    I would appreciate an update.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 9:49 AM
    To: 'kevin'; 'Yishun Stefano'

Kevin and Stefano,
    Could either of you update me with a resolution to the issue at hand?
    Thanks,
    Rick

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This message (and any attachment(s)) is intended exclusively for the named recipient(s). This communication may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the named addressee, it is strictly forbidden to review, read, disclose, copy or disseminate this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of the message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 7:21 AM
    To: kevin
    Importance: High

Kevin,
    I have attached multiple images of the wheel. Thanks again for your help.
    Rick

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This message (and any attachment(s)) is intended exclusively for the named recipient(s). This communication may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the named addressee, it is strictly forbidden to review, read, disclose, copy or disseminate this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of the message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 3:46 AM
    To: Rick
    Subject: How are you?

Hello Rick,

Wish you have a good day!

I am stefano's workmate from Yishunbike. I am very sorry that our mistake. But for the process of dealing with the probs, our company need the pics, so hope you can take some pics. And for your solution, i will ask my boss and then give you the best solution, don't worry!

Best regards.
    Yours
    Kevin Chen
    Yishun Industry&trading Co., Ltd
    email yishunbike@gmail.com
    kevin@yishunbike.com
    MSn kevinbike007@hotmail.com
    Skype kevinbike007
    Tel 86-591-88075026
    Fax 86-591-83850271

---Honesty is the best policy!
    Last edited by tennbanshee; 03-09-2011 at 07:57 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Please note, I will post the final resolution of this scenario...if there is one.

Slightly Opinionated
    Interesting.

I knew it was only a matter of time before these kinds of stories started popping up...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Here is the invoice....notice it clearly idicates a matte finish.

XIAMEN YISHUN BIKE INDUSTRY CO., Ltd.
    "Tel: +86-591-88075026 Fax:+86-591-83850271 mobile:+86-13763855378
    Email:stefano@yishunbike.com Skype:yishunstefano msn:kevinbike007@hotmail.com
    ADD: No. 19 Bldg, No. 806 Jingang Rd., Fuzhou, Fujian, China"
    "To:
    Att: Rick
    Phone number
    " Invoice No.20110121 Issue Date:20110121
    Commercial Invoice
    Item No. Unit Qty Sample Price Total amount
    "YS-WH88T REAR ONLY, 3k MATT,
    Black hub, Black spoke, Black nipple
    Shimano/SRAM, " pair 1 US$239.00 US$239.00
    Shipping cost EMS US$50.00
    Total: US$289.00
    above all the items are for samples only

Issued by: Stefano

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    I love how people try to get a 'deal' on stuff by going directly to the Chinese source, then get pissy pants when things go sideways...

Protip? Buy from a company in the US that's trustworthy...

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle
    I love how people try to get a 'deal' on stuff by going directly to the Chinese source, then get pissy pants when things go sideways...

Go ahead and read the first 'graph.

It's necessary to have this kind of feedback out there to prevent others from making the same mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

Online Wheel Builder
    Your really surprised by this type of service? There is a reason that the Yishun wheel are so cheap. It is not only because they are garbage rims with TERRIBLE brake tracks, but also because of customer service. I mean no offense by this, but hopefully this will make people more skeptical of these "too good to be true" type deals.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    backinthesaddle,
    The intent behind my posts are to inform others of this specific event in efforts to prevent the same story from playing out again. I have looked to these forums for imformation in the past and I'm very appreciative that others have taken the time to share their experiences. Thanks for your feedback. I'm not quite sure how it helps anything, but you are definitely entitled to your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle

Cat 6
    You might want to post this over at BikeForums as well (if you haven't already) as I believe they're always doing group buys from these folks...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Zen,
    I'm not really that surprised by the service or lack there of. I took this into consideration when I finally decided to proceed. It's more about the principle at this point. When I was told to sell the wheel to one of my friends, I realized that the customer was not important to Yishun. It appears as though I'm more of an inconvenience to Yishun for something that I did not cause. This is something that others should be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Cyclery
    Your really surprised by this type of service? There is a reason that the Yishun wheel are so cheap. It is not only because they are garbage rims with TERRIBLE brake tracks, but also because of customer service. I mean no offense by this, but hopefully this will make people more skeptical of these "too good to be true" type deals.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    I’m glad you posted…

You obviously knew what you were getting into and assumed the risk. It didn't work out and you are sharing your experience..

I really believe you are the exception to the rule..

There are too many people out there that assume they will get a high level of service and quality control when buying from some of these companies.

This isn’t to say that you should avoid purchasing internationally. Most of my cycling related purchases are from overseas…but even when purchasing from a major company, the cost of returning goods or your willingness to accept not quite what was ordered should be figured into your buying decision.

Good post....
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

wheelbuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by tennbanshee
    I took this into consideration when I finally decided to proceed. It's more about the principle at this point.
    Unfortunately, it looks like their business model is to sell them cheap and sell a lot of them so you are just noise. Ignoring you doesn't seem to be an issue and they consider it cheaper that way.

The best recommendation I can make is if you made the purchase with a credit card, dispute the charge. Let them try to get their money from your credit card. American Express is pretty good about that.

-Eric

Sleep Expert
    Sounds to me that at least they've made an attempt to make it right. Paying for shipping back is fair, IMO. Keep in mind that the non-glossy designation might have been misunderstood too, in the language translation.
    If I had ordered a cheap chinese product, I'd not expect it to be perfect, as I've read the stories (as you have too, from your post).
    Box getting banged up? Happens in shipping.
    Not 100% accurate as asked? That should be a given.
    My carbon footprint has cleats

A guy from Norway
    It is not only because they are garbage rims with TERRIBLE brake tracks, .
    Would you care to enlighten us with your 1st hand experience with the product in question?

Online Wheel Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectron
    Would you care to enlighten us with your 1st hand experience with the product in question?

We've had more people contact us about rebuilding these pieces with nice alloy rims than I can count. But you obviously knew that already (just like everything else)?

Older and a little slower
    No need to get pissy about the situation with people that order from these places. Not everyone is as naive about these wheels as you think. I read it as, "hey I took a chance and look what happened, warning to all those on the fence with taking the same chance". There are happy customers and unhappy customers with these wheels. Not unlike what I have read with the 2K plus carbon rims.

A guy from Norway
    We've had more people contact us about rebuilding these pieces with nice alloy rims than I can count. But you obviously knew that already (just like everything else)?
    I am flattered that you look at me as an oracle, but nope........I asked out of curiosity.

Thou ENVE make awesome rims, they are not the only ones that do.
    They might handle higher spoke tension, but that ain't gonna do nothing to help preventing
    impact damage. You know that, I know that and so do a heck of lot of other people.

Your profession is to build good wheels...Don't make it flaming others...
    IMO Manufacturers should not be allowed to post in the classic forums.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    I deal with china on a daily basis. They could care less about customer service and once you pay, there will not be any refunds unless you are a very big client of theirs. China is the center of the universe right now for all products that are cheap and they know it. If you don't buy it from them, 1000 other people will. And by the way, please do not ever compare a chinese carbon clincher to any made by eastons, or any other reputable company. They might be made in the same country, but they are not comparable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    How was payment made ? I think I've seen people say they've paid yishun with transfers. Was that the case here ?

At least with ebay and paypal involved it would be easier to get money back in a case like this, where it is obviously their error. Its not a perfect system but at least you'd have an advocate speaking your language and reviewing your evidence. All these transactions happening with money transfers just make it easier for any supplier to tell you to pound sand once they have your money.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    I sent funds via Western Union. Again, I was aware of the potential for things to go bad, but was willing to "roll the dice" considering the relatively low cost of the product. I guess sometimes the dice burn you.

Online Wheel Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectron
    ]
    IMO Manufacturers should not be allowed to post in the classic forums.
    This is beside the point. I must say that OP really got screwed on this one. Definitely keep us posted on how (or if) this all pans out. I wish you the best of luck trying to deal with this Yishun character.
    Last edited by Zen Cyclery; 08-30-2012 at 09:50 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Peanya,
    If your business was selling carbon bike parts, would you take the time to understand and educate yourself on the products that you offer through your company? I think we all know the logical answer to that question.
    I understand not expecting a perfect product at this price point. But, expecting the product that you ordered is not unrealistic. Besides that, the issue here is not that a mistake was made. Mistakes happen every day in every industry. The issue is the fact that Yishun acknowledges the mistake and has yet to rectify the situation. Furthermore, I'm being asked to ship the incorrect product to someone else, spend more money on shipping, and hope that Yishun sends me the correct product. I dare say that many people would be that trusting once they have been in this particular situation or one like it. My trust was stretched a bit by having to send a money order. I can't see spending more of my money in hopes that one day the correct product will magically arrive at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanya
    Sounds to me that at least they've made an attempt to make it right. Paying for shipping back is fair, IMO. Keep in mind that the non-glossy designation might have been misunderstood too, in the language translation.
    If I had ordered a cheap chinese product, I'd not expect it to be perfect, as I've read the stories (as you have too, from your post).
    Box getting banged up? Happens in shipping.
    Not 100% accurate as asked? That should be a given.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast