Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4

    Yoeleo warranty system

    I cannot understand Yoeleo warranty system.
    I bought yoeleo wheels on March this year. only have passed 3 months but after 2 months got thermal deformation. It has passed only 2 months. I just rode about 500 km

    The problem is they will just send me new rims. not new wheels. I didn't buy rims. I bought wheels. Is it for real?*
    Can you guys understand?

    After chatting Jasmine, she suggested if I send wheels, they rebuild with my spokes, hubs. It makes me also angry. Could we call it is warranty system??

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    You are probably fortunate to be getting anything to be honest.

    If the rims deformed under heat from braking, would you really want to replace them with the same rim? Seems like just asking for trouble.

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    You are probably fortunate to be getting anything to be honest.

    If the rims deformed under heat from braking, would you really want to replace them with the same rim? Seems like just asking for trouble.
    I am sorry. I can't understand exactly . Could you tell me more precisely

    나의 SM-A710L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

  4. #4
    Forever a Student
    Reputation: MMsRepBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,744
    First rims are poor quality, dead to heat from braking.

    Second rims will also be poor quality, will also die from heat to braking.

    What he's saying is that you do not want Yoeleo wheels anymore, you do not want replacement wheels. You do not want replacement rims. You want to buy wheels from a better company with better quality.

    No more Yoeleo for you. Consider your money wasted and buy some aluminum rims.
    use a torque wrench

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    First rims are poor quality, dead to heat from braking.

    Second rims will also be poor quality, will also die from heat to braking.

    What he's saying is that you do not want Yoeleo wheels anymore, you do not want replacement wheels. You do not want replacement rims. You want to buy wheels from a better company with better quality.

    No more Yoeleo for you. Consider your money wasted and buy some aluminum rims.
    Yeah that is exactly right, but I cannot refund now. so I just new one for warranty. but they insist I should send my deformed one, after receiving it, rebuild with my old one's hub and spokes, then send it again to me. that's warranty they say. Can you accept that system?

    나의 SM-A710L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

  6. #6
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,240
    Quote Originally Posted by ayeini View Post
    I cannot understand Yoeleo warranty system.
    When you buy from China, you have the protection of the China Legal System.
    In other words.... you have no legal protection.

    I can't understand the Yoeleo warranty system either.
    https://www.yoeleobike.com/warranty/
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    When you buy from China, you have the protection of the China Legal System.
    In other words.... you have no legal protection.

    I can't understand the Yoeleo warranty system either.
    https://www.yoeleobike.com/warranty/
    Do you have some experience that you could share?
    if that's ok, please let me know

    나의 SM-A710L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

  8. #8
    Pay heed people
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    544
    Bad news - you wasted money. You're not getting a refund (but no one would give you a refund outside the 14 or 30 day return period).

    Good news - you learned a valuable lesson (cheaper isn't always cheaper, and stay away from Yoeleo).

    Better news - you survived something that could have been a catastrophic failure.

    A friend of mine recently also purchased Yoeleo's thinking they would be a cheap alternative to a Zipp or similar. His delaminated on a 400' descent where he was (admittedly) grabbing too much brake.

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by ayeini View Post
    I cannot understand Yoeleo warranty system.
    I bought yoeleo wheels on March this year. only have passed 3 months but after 2 months got thermal deformation. It has passed only 2 months. I just rode about 500 km

    The problem is they will just send me new rims. not new wheels. I didn't buy rims. I bought wheels. Is it for real?*
    Can you guys understand?

    After chatting Jasmine, she suggested if I send wheels, they rebuild with my spokes, hubs. It makes me also angry. Could we call it is warranty system??
    First off I own some Yeoleo rims (tubulars) have had them for several years and they are holding up just fine.
    In regards to your issue:
    From your post, the rims are bad the hubs aren't, with a typical warranty the buyer/owner has to pay return shipping. Seems you have been offered 2 options, send the wheel(s) back and they will rebuild or they send you some rims and you have the wheel rebuilt locally at your cost. Which is the better deal for you? Shipping or Rebuild?
    Some pics of the thermal deformation would be good and the conditions that this happened.
    As Campy 11 chains don't follow the 12 1/16" rule, it's wise to change them at 132.60 mm max.
    Lights and road riding - it's not about what you need to see, it's what it takes to be seen.

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jimb100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Corenfa View Post
    Bad news - you wasted money. You're not getting a refund (but no one would give you a refund outside the 14 or 30 day return period).

    Good news - you learned a valuable lesson (cheaper isn't always cheaper, and stay away from Yoeleo).

    Better news - you survived something that could have been a catastrophic failure.

    A friend of mine recently also purchased Yoeleo's thinking they would be a cheap alternative to a Zipp or similar. His delaminated on a 400' descent where he was (admittedly) grabbing too much brake.
    Are you sure this never happened with a zipp wheel?

    Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove a lot.

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Are you sure this never happened with a zipp wheel?

    Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove a lot.
    Who said it never happened to a Zipp wheel?

    The primary difference being that Zipp/Enve/Reynolds, etc... have excellent warranties on their wheels. It's probably a lot easier processing a claim with those companies than it is Yeoleo or whatever, and it's a lot less likely you'll ever have to.

    I guess the upside is, the money you saved buying 'cheap' Chinese carbon wheels can be put towards another set? Oh, and no one died.. that's always good too!

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    105
    That carbon is sensitive to heat is not exactly an industry secret, and anyone who rides brakes is, as far as I'm concerned, looking for trouble no matter what the wheels are made of:

    If someone had blown up their tubes riding brakes on alloy wheels, and possibly hurt themselves as a result, everybody would now be saying that the fault lies with them.

    Now, the seller is offering replacement rims (I assume for free), which benefits the OP because they don't have to be without wheels for as long as it takes for them to do the roundtrip; of course that means they have to rebuild the wheels themselves, or pay someone else, but... the seller's also offering to replace rims if the wheels are sent in, so that seems fair, as long as the seller is not asking the OP to pay for shipping.

    Since carbon doesn't delaminate just sitting there, there is ample room for a warranty claim to be looked at with suspicion: if I bought wheels from any reputable EU/UK-based retailer, I wouldn't expect them to just send a new wheelset at a drop of a hat, because I said so.

    More: over the years, I had my fair share of warranty claims refused by what are considered reputable Western stores and manufacturers, where the failure was blamed on me, where it wasn't my fault, and I could do absolutely nothing about it, not even complain or be sarcastic about their being Chinese, because they weren't.

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,118
    so Ayenini, what happened in this case??? did Yeoleo fix your wheel?

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    147
    What he said.....I just bought a set of Yoeleo's with DT Swiss 240 hubs. What was the final outcome ?

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8
    I always think of buying carbon wheels directly from China as russian roulette. You never knoew if the one you got is the loaded product. Even if they really wanted to honor the warranty, the time difference and the logistics of fulfilling warranty is just such an hassle.

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: terbennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpride View Post
    I always think of buying carbon wheels directly from China as russian roulette. You never knoew if the one you got is the loaded product. Even if they really wanted to honor the warranty, the time difference and the logistics of fulfilling warranty is just such an hassle.
    Buying carbon wheelset with carbon braking surface is like Russian Roulette. Some have a better warranty and they all have some uniqueness to them. Still, they all have have carbon braking surfaces. That means they dissipate heat poorly. This type of thing is common on carbon clincher wheels with carbon braking surfaces, no matter what manufacturer sells them.

Similar Threads

  1. Yoeleo wheels shipping ????
    By TricrossRich in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Yoeleo
    By skott80 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 03:02 PM
  3. YoeLeo Rim rear build
    By boneman in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 12:56 AM
  4. Yoeleo Build Finished
    By boneman in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 02:39 AM
  5. Yoeleo 23 Rims Early Report Pre-Build
    By boneman in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •