RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

Zipp 303, Fulcrum Racing 1, Hed Jet 50?

I am from Malaysia and stuffs dont come cheap, especially after the currency conversion of x3.8.

A pair of Zipp 303 and 404 is priced at the same price here. A new one is priced at RM4800/=

I am in the dilemma of choosing which rims to go with my bike. I am 6'3" and 108kg. I was told that all the wheels from Zipp and Hed are competition rims, not advised to be used for everyday training. On the other hand, Hed's representative who reply my e-mail assured me that Hed Jet 50 is suitable to be used for training.

Due to my weight, my local bike shop has advised me to take up the Fulcrum Racing 1. Apparently, they belong to the Campagnolo and their hub is fantastic, so is their spokes, thick and not too heavy. In their website, it shows that it weighs around 1550g for both the wheels.

Should I just go with the Fulcrum Racing 1?
    Whats your advice?

kytyree
    For everyday riding I usually think its best to go with a conventional handbuilt wheel like a set of Mavic Open Pro rims laced to decent hubs, which ride well and can be built to match any riders weight or style.

Out of those choices though I would think the fulcrum racing 1 would be the best everyday bet, and campy's eurus wheel is I think pretty similar other than the spoke pattern on the rear wheel.