RoadBikeReview Member

Zipp Tangente Clincher

Searched review and site and found no info. $150/set. It should pedal for me. Any feedback?. Seems like a TT oriented tire:

From Zipp
    "Where the rubber meets the road
    While the Tangente is the most aerodynamic tire in the world (and the only one developed in the wind tunnel) itís not just a delicate, special-mission TT tire. Itís got the guts of a hardened road warrior thanks to our partnership with Vittoria. Their expertise helped us optimize the handling, responsiveness and durability of the casing by combining an ultra-fine 290 tpi Corespan fabric with a durable, puncture-resistant belting and lightweight latex tube. And the silica rubber compound? Itís specially made just for the Tangente because, as it turns out, the gently scooped dimple patter is so much more crack resistant than grooved tread patterns we can use a lighter, better-gripping rubber with a lower rolling resistance than any other tire on the market. All without sacrificing a bit of durability. The new Tangente tire. Faster. Tougher. Stronger. Just like you. Me!!
    178 gms"

monkey with flamethrower
    Its a dimpled Vittoria open corsa tire for people who have lots of money and not a lot of sense.
    Chances are, I posted this drunk.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ah well, I was hoping they would allow me to do stage races in France

now in philadelphia
    Nov 2007
    Seems on par in price with the Open Corsa Vittoria tires. I imagine construction is darn similar.