Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 172
  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: commutenow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    680
    A couple of my bikes a Rivendell Bleriot, and my Freddie that was hand made for me not as a single speed. I am on the Bleriot mostly at this point because I ride it on many surfaces which includes dirt and I have a blast doing that. I love my Freddie now that it is a singlespeed because it light and quick, it has been fixed and a 1x9.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikes women ride.-singlespeed-002.jpg   Bikes women ride.-littlebitbleriot-003.jpg  
    never,never,never give up

  2. #27
    remodeling...me
    Reputation: zeytin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by commutenow
    A couple of my bikes a Rivendell Bleriot, and my Freddie that was hand made for me not as a single speed. I am on the Bleriot mostly at this point because I ride it on many surfaces which includes dirt and I have a blast doing that. I love my Freddie now that it is a singlespeed because it light and quick, it has been fixed and a 1x9.
    Oh wow....nice stuff!
    .
    Zeytin

    "Wow, Alex...way to pee in the guy's Wheaties..." ~Opus51569

  3. #28
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Quote Originally Posted by commutenow
    A couple of my bikes a Rivendell Bleriot, and my Freddie that was hand made for me not as a single speed. I am on the Bleriot mostly at this point because I ride it on many surfaces which includes dirt and I have a blast doing that. I love my Freddie now that it is a singlespeed because it light and quick, it has been fixed and a 1x9.
    Nice bikes!

  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 7rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    146
    Here's my road bike - '99 Seven Axiom, Signature Size 54 cm. I rebuilt it in '05. Hope to keep it around for another 5-6 years, but I fear 1" headset parts will become harder to find if/when I need to replace things in that department.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikes women ride.-dsc01050-resized.jpg  

  5. #30
    i like whiskey
    Reputation: innergel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    8,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina
    but I fear 1" headset parts will become harder to find if/when I need to replace things in that department.
    Seven Axiom = very nice

    It will take a lot longer that 5-6 years to wear out that Chris King headset that's on there now. That's probably the one part that won't wear out. If you are worried about parts availablity in the future, you should buy spares now and put them in your parts bin.

  6. #31
    MB1
    MB1 is offline
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Reputation: MB1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,909

    Yes, I took those photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by joehartley
    M, just wanted to add that you take great pictures, assuming that those are your doing.
    For lots more from me and others you should visit the RBR Commuting/Touring forum once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

  7. #32
    Man, I'm Awesome
    Reputation: brianmcg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina
    but I fear 1" headset parts will become harder to find if/when I need to replace things in that department.
    I bet CK will keep making one inch stuff for a long time. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Also you could always get a nice
    threaded headset and a nitto quilled stem. But of course you would probably have to use a steel fork to get the threads.

  8. #33
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1

    2006 Velo Bella-Kona Team Cyclocross Bike

    One of my two Kona cross bikes for this year. I'm gonna miss her next week when the season is over....but at least I'll be spending time on my Kona Kula, whose been ignored since September.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by girloffroad; 12-13-2006 at 09:20 AM. Reason: resize pic

  9. #34
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina
    Here's my road bike - '99 Seven Axiom, Signature Size 54 cm. I rebuilt it in '05. Hope to keep it around for another 5-6 years, but I fear 1" headset parts will become harder to find if/when I need to replace things in that department.
    There are several Seven owners here. You're the first to post a bike pic. Nice!

  10. #35
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Quote Originally Posted by girloffroad
    One of my two Kona cross bikes for this year. I'm gonna miss her next week when the season is over....but at least I'll be spending time on my Kona Kula, whose been ignored since September.
    Ooh...cool bike!

  11. #36
    dontbelookinatmelikeFreud
    Reputation: kaotikgrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    121
    ,,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikes women ride.-miyata.jpg   Bikes women ride.-xo2.jpg  
    Last edited by kaotikgrl; 10-03-2007 at 10:29 PM.

  12. #37
    MB1
    MB1 is offline
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Reputation: MB1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,909

    You have got some drool factor there.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaotikgrl
    My commuter and errand running XO 2 and my nickel plated Miyata 310
    Of course I am a bike geek but still........

    Did you wrap that tape yourself? It looks sweet.

    And that nickel plate is to die for (well maybe not die but that is one hot looking finish).
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

  13. #38
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Sweet. Nice bikes.

  14. #39
    dontbelookinatmelikeFreud
    Reputation: kaotikgrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    121
    .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikes women ride.-miyata_full_view.jpg  
    Last edited by kaotikgrl; 10-03-2007 at 10:28 PM.

  15. #40
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: commutenow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    680
    Great bikes I like the wrap on them and esp.the twine. I just twined the area that is normally taped on my Bleriot. I left it the natural blue and did not shellac it. Happy miles.
    never,never,never give up

  16. #41
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Quote Originally Posted by kaotikgrl
    Once you know the pattern its easy to do a diamond weave. Here is a link to some good instructions.
    http://fixedgeargallery.com/articles/diamondweave/
    I like the way the nickel looks too. When the Miyata was plated it was decided to skip the final chromium step and leave it nickeled. Since you seem to appreciate it here is a full view of it.
    I like your wifeís collection of bikes. Having a custom Waterford would be wonderful. Iím trying to keep things in a smaller budget for now. My reality is extracting more from less.
    Thanks for the great, inspiring winter riding photos. My commuting determination has never been tested by a snowstorm or really cold winters. I like to think I could adapt but I have some doubts.
    How did you get your right pedal to stay up like that?

  17. #42
    dontbelookinatmelikeFreud
    Reputation: kaotikgrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    121

    no magic

    .....
    Last edited by kaotikgrl; 10-03-2007 at 10:25 PM.

  18. #43
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    49
    Here's my wife's road set-ups....

    This was her birthday present for her 31st birthday. She's already put a few k on it.


    This was her first road bike...a 2000 Specialized Allez Elite... I made a few minor modifications on it. She loves it way more now.

  19. #44
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Here's my wife's road set-ups....

    This was her birthday present for her 31st birthday. She's already put a few k on it.

    This was her first road bike...a 2000 Specialized Allez Elite... I made a few minor modifications on it. She loves it way more now.
    You should get her to post here.

  20. #45
    Get me to In&Out
    Reputation: spookyload's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,739
    If you push the toe strap through the top of the toe clip to the inboard side, it will touch the crank arm and keep it in place.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

  21. #46
    toomanybikes
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno
    My Colnago Dream ca.2000
    My lugged steel frame Pogliaghi ca. 1984

    Are those Modolo Professional brakes on that Pog?


    Fabulous, my favs.

  22. #47
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes
    Are those Modolo Professional brakes on that Pog?


    Fabulous, my favs.
    Yes indeed they are. Hey, you've got good eyes!

    I loved the Modolo Professeional anatomic brake levers and still have them. I don't use them anymore because the brake hoods have fallen apart and I can't find any replacements for them. As you can see, I have Campy levers on it now.

    A good chunk of this is gonna be changed over the next few days. In Len's "What's your plan" thread Physasst told me to go ahead and convert the Poghi over to a fixie and I am doing it now. Must..... do...... everything..... Physasst...... commands...... me..... to..... do.........

  23. #48
    toomanybikes
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno
    Yes indeed they are. Hey, you've got good eyes!

    I loved the Modolo Professeional anatomic brake levers and still have them. I don't use them anymore because the brake hoods have fallen apart and I can't find any replacements for them. As you can see, I have Campy levers on it now.

    A good chunk of this is gonna be changed over the next few days. In Len's "What's your plan" thread Physasst told me to go ahead and convert the Poghi over to a fixie and I am doing it now. Must..... do...... everything..... Physasst...... commands...... me..... to..... do.........
    Modolo replacement hoods are available frequently on eBay and are available at yellowjersey.org.

    I have just finished rebuilding a set of Master Pro Calipers which are going on one of my Merckx's, mated to gold anodized Modolo levers.

    The hard part has been tracking down a set of original Modolo sintered brack blocks. They are winging their way to me now.

    I love Modolo brakes.

  24. #49
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    599
    finally took some pics of mrs cat's rides:

    80 Bertin C70 / Dura Ace EX



    03 Colnago asso / Centaur


  25. #50
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,162
    Quote Originally Posted by caterham
    finally took some pics of mrs cat's rides:

    03 Colnago asso / Centaur

    Female Colnago riders. Your wife and I are rarities. Nice bikes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •