Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lady Lurkers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Whats your name? (as much or as little as you like) Jacquie
    Where ya from? Burnaby, BC, Canada (essentially Vancouver)
    Whatcha ride? 1987 Miyata 615 GT tourer, 1991 Cramerotti road bike
    Fav racer? Ryder Hesjedal of course
    Fav drink at the bar? after a ride? dark beer (after rehydrating, of course)

As you might guess, I found this forum while researching new bikes! The Miyata got a new drive train and brake levers a couple of years ago, but having got back into fitness riding, I "need" a new road bike. I can't post a new thread yet, so here's my first point!

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquot View Post

As you might guess, I found this forum while researching new bikes! The Miyata got a new drive train and brake levers a couple of years ago, but having got back into fitness riding, I "need" a new road bike. I can't post a new thread yet, so here's my first point!
    Welcome. I <3 Ryder too!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

hey there

Whats your name? Reese
    Where ya from? Massachusetts, I live in Georgia now
    Whatcha ride? Fuji Roubaix on the the road, Giant TCX2 for 'cross racing!
    Fav racer? Katie F'n Compton
    Fav drink at the bar? Whiskey and Blenheim's Ginger ale.

QED
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayrhys View Post
    Whats your name? Reese
    Where ya from? Massachusetts, I live in Georgia now
    Whatcha ride? Fuji Roubaix on the the road, Giant TCX2 for 'cross racing!
    Fav racer? Katie F'n Compton
    Fav drink at the bar? Whiskey and Blenheim's Ginger ale.
    Welcome! I was a Mainer that spent over 20 years in the south! North Carolina to be exact. I am in Seattle now. Welcome! The people are great on this forum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquot View Post

Ryder's my fav too. It was so sad when he crashed in the TdF.

RoadBikeReview Member

Hi all

Whats your name? Alisa
    Where ya from? Victoria
    Whatcha ride? Moots VaMoots and FELT AR3
    Fav racer? Ryder Hesjedal
    Fav drink at the bar? A frosty beer is just fine

First post...been lurking for a while so thought I'd better introduce myself.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Whats your name? (as much or as little as you like)Anndra
    Where ya from? Southern Indiana
    Whatcha ride? GT3 (Just switched from a hybrid)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Whats your name? (as much or as little as you like) petraa
    Where ya from? Originally MA, now western CO.
    Whatcha ride? 2012 Salsa Vaya Ti, 2007 Spec Ruby Exp, Gunnar Sport, Novara Randonee x2, Motobecane Fantom CXX, Jamis Dragon
    Fav racer? -
    Fav drink at the bar? a decent beer occasionally

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Hi everyone! I'm Santha. I'm from and currently live in Michigan! I ride a Ridley X-Bow most often but also a Scott!

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justagirl View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm Santha. I'm from and currently live in Michigan! I ride a Ridley X-Bow most often but also a Scott!
    Welcome!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    What's your name? Rebecca

Where ya from? Born in France, grew up in Quebec Canada and South Carolina and now living in Southern California.

Watcha ride? a Seven, a new Waterford for brevets and touring and an older Motobecane Mixte fixed gear for the city.

Fav racer? Evelyn Stevens

Fav drink at the bar? I don't drink alcohol but fav drink is a rich thick hot dark chocolate

I've been riding since my teens and liked doing brevets while in college. I've spent the last three years starting my career (keeping fit by running and bicycling) and this year finally have the time to train and do some weekend organized centuries and brevets again. I enjoy photography and will be posting images of my training areas in the rides report forum.
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 05-19-2013 at 10:57 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Whats your name? Ashley but mostly everyone calls me Ash
    Where ya from? Texas
    Whatcha ride? Road-Ridley Noah/TT Felt B16W
    Fav racer? Sparticus!
    Fav drink at the bar? Grand Mariner

Hey ladies! I have been looking for an active women's forum for a while. Glad to be here!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    Whats your name? Kimberley
    Where ya from? Olympia now, grew up in the southeast.
    Whatcha ride? my present bike is a 2013 Domane 4.5 - perfect for us older gals!
    Fav racer? I always had a soft spot for Laurent Fignon - those glasses made him cute!
    Fav drink at the bar? hard cider for me these days

I've been lurking off and on for some time and recently decided to come on out into the open. I've been riding since the 1970s, dabbled in racing when I was younger but mostly just like going on long rides. It's a wonderful escape from the day to day world.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Man these threads are old! Anyone have any better luck with more active forums for women who like to mountain bike? I live in AZ, I have an OLD Gary Fisher hardtail and I love it, South Mountain Park in Phoenix is the best place to ride here if any of you are ever in the area .

8,000 miles and rolling

Wink

Hi!

I'm new here - these are some old posts in this thread! - anybody out there alive and rolling and lurking here? Would be nice to chat with some other chicks on two wheels...anybody? Anybody?

What's your name? Amy
    Where ya from? Born in Ohio, but have lived all over. Fell in love with cycling while living in Japan. Live in Virginia now.
    Whatcha ride? A 2006 Serotta Nove - a dreamy stallion of carbon and Titanium
    Fav racer? Me! I'm always out to beat her, too. We talk to each other fairly regularly, even have her autograph...
    Fav drink at the bar? Sake is wonderful, will joyfully hoist a beer, Belvedere on ice with lime is fab, Pims and 7 is lovely on a hot day - but none of that before a ride, only after - ah, life's lessons!

After some nagging foot injuries, I took my friend's advice to give cycling a try. Loved it - even after wrecking her bike flying (joyfully, blissfully ignorant) down a hill at 34mph. Didn't know how to slow down - didn't want to - but also didn't know how to turn at high speed on a downhill. Or stop. Only knew how to end a ride by running into something. ER visit and Japanese bike shop repair bill later, we are still friends today and nuts about cycling. Will drive great distances to do an interesting ride somewhere, anywhere.

My husband has seen my passion grow and how happy I am after whizzing past amazing scenery on two wheels instead of two feet. I always have a camera in my top tube bag (it's a little Lumix, can operate with one hand - crazy, I know, but I have never crashed and have tons of amazing photos from my rides). Anyway, he started poking around with questions last year, so I finally asked, "Would you like to ride with me sometime?" He said, "Yes". It was like the day he asked me to marry him, only this time I was asking him to marry me and my love for cycling. And he said yes! I feel like I am falling in love with cycling all over again now that he rides with me. It's even brought us closer together now that we have this fun thing to do together.

Anyway, that's me. Hope to hear from some other women cyclists out there!
    Amy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Try bike forums and Team Estrogen forums. I'm on both. BF has a separate women's only section and T.E is all female

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    That Serotta's gotta be a nice bike. Welcome.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567