Thread: Men's Saddles

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012

Men's Saddles

I have tried several women's specific saddles and have had mixed results. My current favorite is a man's saddle, the Selle Italia max flite gel flow. I'm riding longer with fewer problems now.
    Are there any other women who prefer men's saddles?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Men- vs. women-specific designed items can become irrelevant when you take into consideration your own body. I'm taller and heavier than most of the males in my group. I recently switched to a men's bike because Trek stopped making 58cm WSD bikes. The saddle on the new bike in 1 cm longer than the saddle that was on the WSD bike. I like it and it's not really a noticeable difference. Maybe I would notice these differences if I wasn't 6 ft tall and 165 lbs.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    I'm using the Specialized Romin saddles. They're unisex. I like 'em.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Exper bike fitter Steve Hogg says that he cannot see much difference in men and women's preferred saddle widths. Women may have wider sit bones than men of the same height, but since men in general are taller/larger than women it evens out anyway. His female clients don't chose hard shell saddles as often as men, though.

The only difference between a standard Selle SMP and a Lady version is the pink embrodery on the latter.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Buy the saddle that fits YOU best.

This saddle was originally designed for women but now it's unisex (I'm male). I have one on each of my bikes and a total of over 10,000 miles on them. I even take one to Europe for my Summer cycling. It looks weird but no one notices. moonsaddle.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I've ridden mostly men's saddles and never minded them. I do currently have a women's saddle on my road bike (it came with the bike), but both my cross and mtn bike have men's saddles. I like the women's saddle, but no more, no less than any men's saddle I've ridden.
    My hips are on the slimmer side. That might make a difference in what you prefer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernyl View Post
    My hips are on the slimmer side. That might make a difference in what you prefer.
    I think this is the reason . Thanks

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy T View Post
    I think this is the reason . Thanks
    Several makers, including Specialized make their saddles in different widths.

I used a Concors for about 15 years. This was before they invented women's saddles