RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012

Womans SPD road shoes

Looking for a good SPD road shoes (If there is such a thing) for my wife in the $100-150 price range. Something similar to the RT82 (Shimano SH-RT82 Shoe - Men's Black, 41.0 - Reviews & Prices @ Yahoo! Shopping) but in woman size.

Thanks for any help

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not an expert, but my wife really likes her Garneau shoes--similar if not the same model as these:

Women's Multi LG Cycling Shoe

Name:  10-6944-WHI-ANGLE.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  25.0 KB

She's had them for about a year, but she's been using them with her toe-clip pedals. We're just now putting the SPD clips on the shoes, as she's getting new bike for her BD, and she's decided she'd like to try going clipless.

Hope this helps.
    Bill

“You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing...We can make the best or the worst of it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Those look good but hoping to find a dedicated road pedal. She is using a shoe similar to that now but are are working towards centuries and greater riding performance want something appropriate

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Don't SPDs fit on all shoes?

I am using Specialized BG shoes, the ones with the boas. I love em.

I have also used and been happy with Sidi Genius shoes as well as carbon soled DMTs.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Most road shoes are purely 3 hole (Look, SPD-SL etc.) these days.

Bont, Sidi, Spesh, Shimano (to name 4) all have stiff soled MTB shoes also in smaller sizes that are drilled for SPD. Walkability is great with those.
    If you can convince her that road pedals are better for the road the Shimano SPD-SL system is bombproof and any 3 hole shoe will do.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009
    I've had really great luck with the Specialized Line of Women's shoes and own both road and mountain shoes from Specialized. The narrower heal and 3 strap options make the shoes super comfortable and stable.

Good luck!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I've used both Specialized and Pearl Izumi shoes and like them both. I also once had some Diadora that were cheaper, non-carbon sole, than what I currently own, but they did fit well and were a good entry level shoe. There are plenty of good road shoes out there. Go to a good shop that carries a variety and have her try some on and see what fits well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

adapter

they do make an adapter to convert the three hole to a two hole so SPD will work on them...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Do you have a bike shop she can just go in and buy from? She needs to look herself? My DH could not possibly choose my shoes. Those LGs are like old lady shoes and I am an oldish lady. I used to wear PI attack (budget entry worn for 3 years really comfortable) and now I wear men's Giro factors (awesome out of the box). Women's shoes I often see on feet are Sidis, for sure, they are cute. I don't have delicate lady feet so I am not worried about gender labels on shoes, she might be though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    I prefer using high-end MTB shoes (with carbon soles - I am riding in Bontrager RXL ATB shoes) so that I can walk into a store or restroom without issues. These shoes give the same great performance as a road shoe but are easier to walk in.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My wife is very happy with her LG Revo XR3 road shoes.

Louis Garneau Women's Revo XR3 Road Shoes - Save Up to $280 During Our End of Summer Shoe Sale

This store has other road shoe options that are also 2 bolt/3 bolt.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    I have Specialized road bike shoes, but I have come to love my KEEN spd mtb shoes and find myself wearing them more.
    Amazon.com: Keen Women's Presidio Cycling Shoe: Shoes
    Attachment 292907

and these Springwater are so comfortable to even wear around the house, ride the bike to the grocery and do my shopping. I bought both pairs last fall on sale for less then $50 each.

Keen Springwater Cycling Shoes - SPD (For Women) - Save 30%
    REI Madrona 29'er 2013

Specialized Dolce Sport Compact 2011

Trek 520 2012

Surly Pugsley fat-bike 2014