Assos changes

Thread: Assos changes

RoadBikeReview Member

Assos changes

Anyone riding Assos? The bibs have new models that are radically redesigned. Any impressions? I use an old S5 for short after work rides and an S-7 Equippe for more serious rides. I love my S-7s. They are perfect. Literally. So perfect I have changed the way I view bibs... anyone have experience with the 9 series? Dramatically re-designed. I’m not as worried about the cost as I am about the function. The S-7 is so perfect. (For me).
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    No clue. But in the case of 'perfect' bibs that go off the market thus probably go on sale because they are outdated, that's my queue to buy a bunch of them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Absolutely! I keep looking but they never have my size...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah, I'm with you on the S7s Equip, great fit for me, love them and they can be found on sale pretty frequently. (also like the Giordana NX-G, but more pricey and harder to find deals on). The new Mille is less expensive and has the S7 chamois, but guessing they are not going to be comparable to the Equip since they are priced lower.
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on the S7s Equip, great fit for me, love them and they can be found on sale pretty frequently. (also like the Giordana NX-G, but more pricey and harder to find deals on). The new Mille is less expensive and has the S7 chamois, but guessing they are not going to be comparable to the Equip since they are priced lower.
    Thanks! The. Mille has some poor reviews, not something I’ve seen from Assos. Durability seems the problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have them. Assos hit a home run with these. I have 3 other Assos models and these fit the best. They finally got the fit for my "man parts" perfect. But remember, this is clothing and it fits everybody differently.

Not a climber
    I have S5_mille, S7_equipe, S7_equipe Evo, and new S9 RS.

I'd say the ones I like the best are the S7 Evo, followed closely by the S9. The S9 shorts are a bit more compressive than the S7 in the same size and I think they trimmed the fat a bit on the chamois around the edges. Both are supremely comfortable and do disappear when you ride them. If you like the S7 equipe, they should be on sale now depending on your size. It's totally personal preference between the S7 and S9. I like the S7 a bit more because I'm probably on the upper end of the Large size and the higher compression of the S9 makes it feel just a tad smaller.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    I have two S7s, the Équipe and the Campionissimo. Love the chamois of the former and the fabric/compression of the latter, so:
    I have bought the S9 RSR (not the S9 RS), which is the perfect combination of the above, and the best cycling shorts I've ever used.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    I have two S7s, the Équipe and the Campionissimo. Love the chamois of the former and the fabric/compression of the latter, so:
    I have bought the S9 RSR (not the S9 RS), which is the perfect combination of the above, and the best cycling shorts I've ever used.
    Thanks! And thanks all! So, kbwh, I’m 6’2” and a tad under 170. The large size fits me perfectly in the S7 T Equippe. I can figure the S9 RSR is the same in terms of sizing? It’s a hefty price tag... But it’s also something that will give back value over time. My S5s have thousands of miles on them and they are still solid. Again, thanks all for the input.

Bianchi-Campagnolo

Assos changes

Sizing is the same, but both the Campionissimo S7 and the RSR S9 are more compressive than the Équipe S7. If you like the compression of the Équipe S7 get the RS S9. It uses the same insert as the RSR S9.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    No clue. But in the case of 'perfect' bibs that go off the market thus probably go on sale because they are outdated, that's my queue to buy a bunch of them.
    same here. I am way too cheap to buy full price Assos. When the S9's came out that was my cue to get some T.cento s7 bibs from the outlet. I also have some S5's. I actually prefer the S5's only because the S7's are cut lower in front and offer less gut support. I'll be getting some S9's once the S11's come out!