Halo Gasket Separating

Printable View

• 07-12-2019
    Inspector Gadget
    Halo Gasket Separating
    Anyone try gluing the gaskets on Halo Headsweats when they separate? I tried contact cement, but it won't stick to the gasket itself. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
  • 07-18-2019
    Lombard
    The only glue that will probably work are glues that might irritate your skin.

I would toss and replace with something that doesn't come apart so easily.
  • 07-18-2019
    Jay Strongbow
    Try calling or emailing them.
  • 07-18-2019
    DaveG
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Try calling or emailing them.

I agree with Jay. If its not that old, maybe they will help you out. I use Halo but have never had this happens. Over time I normally start to see the seal start to develop cracks and then I chuck it and get a new one
  • 07-20-2019
    Soaring Vulture
    Mine just came apart so I bought a new one. This time I read the label, which says hand wash in cold water; I had been throwing mine in the washing machine.

Maybe it will hold if I follow the directions.
  • 07-21-2019
    Inspector Gadget
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soaring Vulture View Post
    Mine just came apart so I bought a new one. This time I read the label, which says hand wash in cold water; I had been throwing mine in the washing machine.

Maybe it will hold if I follow the directions.

Hmm, you might be on to something. I machine wash mine, but on hand-wash cycle and in a lingerie bag. Maybe thatís not enough. Thanks! When all fails, read the directions. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 07-22-2019
    Srode
    I have 3 that I wash in the machine cold, no problems with any of them separating. I've used them for 4 or 5 years. I do have one that cracked in a 2 places, but they do sneak their way into the dry on occasion so that might be the problem with that one.
  • 07-22-2019
    DaveG
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    I have 3 that I wash in the machine cold, no problems with any of them separating. I've used them for 4 or 5 years. I do have one that cracked in a 2 places, but they do sneak their way into the dry on occasion so that might be the problem with that one.

I dont hand wash anything: Halo, Assos bibs, etc. They do get washed in cold/gentle and are hung to dry but life is too short for hand-washing