Hello everyone, new rider here.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010

Hello everyone, new rider here.

I bought a Trekk 2200 several years ago and only rode it twice, never got around to getting fitted and simply just stopped riding. Well recently I purchased a '08 Madone 5.2 and I already went and got fitted.
    I have ridden it four times so far and on yesterday's ride I did 25 miles at a avg speed of 14.5 mph. I rode by myself which was quite boring at times. Anyway for being a new rider, and having a "desk" job, I feel I'm doing OK for my fourth ride.
    Tomorrow I plan on going on a local group ride. From what I have heard there is a slow group and a fast group, with the slow group doing like a 20 mile loop at 15-16 mph. That's me! I'm trying to ride every Mon-Wed-Fri, hopefully I can stick with that as much as possible.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone.

Roll Model
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEagle1
    I bought a Trekk 2200 several years ago and only rode it twice, never got around to getting fitted and simply just stopped riding. Well recently I purchased a '08 Madone 5.2 and I already went and got fitted.
    I have ridden it four times so far and on yesterday's ride I did 25 miles at a avg speed of 14.5 mph. I rode by myself which was quite boring at times. Anyway for being a new rider, and having a "desk" job, I feel I'm doing OK for my fourth ride.
    Tomorrow I plan on going on a local group ride. From what I have heard there is a slow group and a fast group, with the slow group doing like a 20 mile loop at 15-16 mph. That's me! I'm trying to ride every Mon-Wed-Fri, hopefully I can stick with that as much as possible.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone.
    Awesome!

Keep riding!
    Hope the group ride goes good, it is more fun to ride with others, sometimes.

Make sure to read about in here, you'll pick up things to make your rides easier and safer that it would take a while to figure out on your own.

Oh, have fun!!

Adventure Seeker
    Welcome to the forums, and it does sound like you're doing ok for just starting back up. Riding faster in a group will be easy, because you're reducing the drag you get when you're behind someone, so you'll do just fine.
    I have a single track mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    I was walking in your shoes six months ago. Now I am getting ready for my third century this year. It is just amazing what human body is capable of.They are great people here and I have learn so much about biking form this forum. Keep us informed and ask questions! Good luck and keep riding!

Cycling induced anoesis
    Welcome.

Your Mon-Wed-Fri schedule reminds me of when I started fitness riding 25+ years ago. I did about the same and each ride was about 10 miles, so IMO your 25 mile rides averaging 14.5 isn't too shabby. And you'll improve quickly if you stick with it.

Glad to read that you invested in a fitting. Should better your odds of riding pain free, which in turn should keep you motivated to ride.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    When you ride in a group you'll improve much more quickly, learn a lot, & make new friends. Riding with other, more experienced riders makes the learning curve very steep.
    BTW - welcome to RBR.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Welcome to the world of cycling and the forum. You are doing great for a start. Agree with the rest that commented, riding in a group will have you improved quickly. I ride 2 to 3 times a week with group and another 2 days solo.

Happy cycling!

Deazer5.2
    Sep 2019

Smile

Thank you for the warm welcome

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by rhdease View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome
    #promechaniclife