Help me find cheap chinese carbon bike
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012

Help me find cheap chinese carbon bike

Hi,

I have budget of 600 usd and want to buy road carbon bike from china. I would like to buy complete bike. Frame, fork and seat post need to be carbon and quality. Other parts cheap.

Bike will be for recreational use, even thought I rode bike for the last 20 years I don't know much about different gears quality, wheels, etc. I had pony bike, bmx bike, old rog special road bike, some custom made road bike, old rog special woman road bike and now author horizon which was their cheapest model.But I never tried to upgrade or do anything advance than change tires. I even road rog's old woman special without one pedal through one whole summer. I did not care and money was always a problem.

Now I have 1000 usd which I'm going to spend on carbon road bike that I will upgrade into electric bike.

I need all info about chinese carbon bikes, complete or in parts, companies, cheap parts and electric kits. Thinking about 350-500w 36v or 48v battery. But don't know which is better need to have good up hill speed. Primary use would be without pedal assist and secondary with it. Hub motor need to be silent or silent enough.

Also I was thinking of cyclocross bike cause the main purpose of this bike will be to go up hills by road and then of road which is very rocky in these parts. Saw that cx bikes have stronger frames and can have wider tires. But MTB is not for me.

Please tell me suggestions cause there are many companies and so much information to grasp. The mostly I need the source to buy cheap everything else than frame, fork, seat post. Also information on good silent hub motors and source for LiFePo4 batteries that are fresh from factory. And quality carbon frame and fork.

Sorry for my bad english.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    You want a cheep chinese electric carbon bike that is both good and bad at the same time?

Cycling induced anoesis
    If you go to the Bikes, Frames and Forks forum, you'll see a sticky on Chinese carbon bikes. That should get you a good start on those offerings.

Re: your conversion to electric and your related questions, I don't think this forum in general - and this particular area (beginner's) - is apt to get you much in the way of specific info. Most of our expertise is confined to good ol' pedal power. But who knows, maybe there's an engineer in the 'house'..
    Last edited by PJ352; 11-23-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: correction..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I suggest posing your questions in the endless-sphere.com forums. They will gladly school you in building an Ebike. Things that make sense for regular bikes are really bad ideas for Ebikes. Carbon frames would be one example.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    this should be entertaining...
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I'm actually gonna take this opportunity to flat-out argue, and possibly get shot down.

I think an ebike is a bad idea in general. If you convert a regular bicycle into an ebike, you're basically getting all the speed of a scooter without the protection (step-through vs. step-over) of a scooter or the comfort of a scooter. You also can't carry an additional person on an ebike.

A bicycle is by far slower than an ebike (unless you're riding at a 2011 Tour Time Trial stage speed of 55.7 kph avg) so an ebike would be faster, but as soon as you add that speed on , you LOSE right of way. I hate that. I like that cars have to get well clear of me when I'm on the road, and also today I noticed that I can weave through heavy traffic fairly easily when necessary, and when I needed to get back onto the shoulder, I managed to accelerate quickly enough and signal safely and well in advance for a bus to slow down so I could change back over. I don't think this can all be done as easily on an ebike.

If you have to get from A to B in 60 kph, I'd go with a scooter. I personally would buy a car, because of the number of scooter accident victim operations I've scrubbed in on.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfd986 View Post
    I'm actually gonna take this opportunity to flat-out argue, and possibly get shot down.

I think an ebike is a bad idea in general. If you convert a regular bicycle into an ebike, you're basically getting all the speed of a scooter without the protection (step-through vs. step-over) of a scooter or the comfort of a scooter. You also can't carry an additional person on an ebike.

A bicycle is by far slower than an ebike (unless you're riding at a 2011 Tour Time Trial stage speed of 55.7 kph avg) so an ebike would be faster, but as soon as you add that speed on , you LOSE right of way. I hate that. I like that cars have to get well clear of me when I'm on the road, and also today I noticed that I can weave through heavy traffic fairly easily when necessary, and when I needed to get back onto the shoulder, I managed to accelerate quickly enough and signal safely and well in advance for a bus to slow down so I could change back over. I don't think this can all be done as easily on an ebike.

If you have to get from A to B in 60 kph, I'd go with a scooter. I personally would buy a car, because of the number of scooter accident victim operations I've scrubbed in on.
    Durgs man, drugs. You can beat a scooter.

Oh, and IBTM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    Odd Build. Want to see the outcome.

RoadBikeReview Member
    ebike? HTFU.
    I ride mostly in the honorable pursuit of being kissed on both cheeks at the same time by one blond and one brunette. But not redheads, they scare me.

S2H
    wut?
    I hear good things about Chinarello.

Problem?