How To Climb Hills On Your Road Bike for Beginners - Video With Wahoo Data
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2016

How To Climb Hills On Your Road Bike for Beginners - Video With Wahoo Data

Hey folks,

Thought I'd post this video here to help some people out who are just getting into cycling. Geared for the beginner who's looking to take their fitness to the next level. Climbing will not only make you a stronger cyclist, but also fitter and a better bike handler when you learn to be in and out the saddle. Some things I cover mainly in this video is pace, cadence and other tips when hitting rolling hills before the last climb. Check out the video below.

https://youtu.be/kHLE4ZmaYuE

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeToCamp View Post
    Hey folks,

Thought I'd post this video here to help some people out who are just getting into cycling. Geared for the beginner who's looking to take their fitness to the next level. Climbing will not only make you a stronger cyclist, but also fitter and a better bike handler when you learn to be in and out the saddle. Some things I cover mainly in this video is pace, cadence and other tips when hitting rolling hills before the last climb. Check out the video below.
    So, is the Beginners forum broken? Is that where you might could post beginner's stuff?

flinty-eyed moderator
    Moderators Note:

Kerry's suggestion was excellent, I have moved the thread to where it may do the most good.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeToCamp View Post
    Hey folks,

https://youtu.be/kHLE4ZmaYuE
    Rider dug a hole. His heart rate kept creeping up as his speed slowed from 11 mph to 8 mph. By the time he's up near the top, he's maxed out above 170!

That ain't no way to climb! Gotta keep it below anaerobic threshold, at least periodically, to recover, to expel the pain. 135-165 would have been more appropriate, or whatever HR was just below AT. Go above AT, burn out, lose it all. Rider wants to have something left in his legs over the top. It will speed recovery.