not a newbie, seemed like a good place to post this
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011

not a newbie, seemed like a good place to post this

hey iv been riding since i was 13 and started racing at 14 started riding road bike at 15 and started racing road at 16 raced until i was 18 then got a girl started to love beer n got lazy n gave up riding. im 21 now so iv only been outta the game for a few years n i started riding again a few weeks back n regained my old love! now to keep the love going im gettin me a new bike. the bike i have now is a 04 spec. dolce full ultegra. yes im a guy but im short 5'3" got a sweet deal on it from the local shop. but the bikes tired iv got round 6k on it and i bought it used. i want a bike thats more racey then what i have. actually the fastest thing i can find but my problem is iv got a 2000 dollar max buget. iv found several out there that seem to fit what im looking for but iv been outta the loop so long it seems like. iv looked at the giant tcr composite with full 105 and under 2000 and its carbon. is it crappy carbon at this price? help me out guys im traing for next years race season now n i need a bike that will train hard but most importantly race harder and bring it all in under 2000. any help is greatly appreciated and if this thread is in the wrong spot just let me know. Thanks

spc. Little

Descender
    Oct 2005
    Check out the sales at competitivecyclist.com - they have a BMC carbon bike with Rival at $1,500 - that is a good deal.

Also note this deal in the hot deals thread.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    whoahhhhhh...that was so hard to read i couldn't make any sense out of it. just write normal sentances w/ some punctuation and normal spelling...
    as far as i can tell, you rode, discovered beer & girls, got lazy and now have $2k to spend on a bike. bikes aren't fast...riders are. find something that fits and then ride it.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Get a CAAD10, or a CAAD9 used and some race wheels.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    I have an absolutely foolproof objective test to determine which bike is faster. Take the bikes in question and line them up against an outdoor wall. Your house or garage will do. Make sure the bikes are evenly lined up. The front wheels must be exactly even. You might want to draw a line or put a straight edge, e.g., a yardstick or similar & line up the wheels with that.

Once that’s done go in the house, eat lunch or read or complete a crossword puzzle. After an hour or so go back outside & look at the bikes. The one that’s ahead is the fastest.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

A wheelist
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench
    whoahhhhhh...that was so hard to read i couldn't make any sense out of it.
    I quit after 1.5 lines.

Cycling induced anoesis
    You've already got your intended uses pinned down, so after visiting some LBS's, getting sized/ fitted and test riding bikes of interest (and in your price range), given your previous road riding experience I doubt it'll take you long to find that 'right' bike.

I'm not attempting to size you or suggest only one brand/ model, but (as one example) the 49cm Tarmac Apex might be worth a look.

RoadBikeReview Member
    i skipped the first sentence after i tried to make sense of it 3 times

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    well thanks some of ya
    Spc. Little
    1-128 bravo company